Just white noice sound while watching 1080p
Hey you guys!

i'm new here and new to XBMC, i went from Plex because xbcm looked better, BUT.. when i'm trying to watch 1080p-movies (.mkv- files), i just get so called "white noice" out of my speakers. 720p files works just fine, the same with .mp4 and .avi to. But when ever i try to watch 1080p files, my ears are about to melt because of the noice. Does anybody know how to fix this?

I have the newest Mac Mini (2011) with the I5 processor and 4gig ram
HDMI to LG 50" plasma TV
Sound via USB soundcard
It's probably the specific 1080 file you are using. Try running MediaInfo on it and tell us what it says for one of those problematic 1080 files.
Video
English, 9 964 Kbps, 1920'800 (2.40:1), at 23.976 fps, AVC ([email protected]) (CABAC / 5 Ref Frames)

Audio
English, 1 510 Kbps, 48.0 KHz, 24 bits, 6 channels, DTS
English, DTS 1509kbps
does your USB audio adapter support DTS ?
I am having the same issue.

I am running a Unibody mac (Late 2010) and I can not get XBMC to play the audio via HDMI cable. It will play on my internal MB speakers fine. The rub comes because I can use VLC and it plays the sound through my TV just fine. I have like the OP, noticed it more than anything when I am running the MKV files.

I have double checked the Audio settings. not matter what I put it on I get no audio out.

I am using a mini Display port to HDMI.

Side note- This is not just one file. I have about 1 TB of mkv files and it does not matter which one I choose.

Specs:
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
Running Lion OSX 10.7.2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just white noice sound while watching 1080p0