How to sync libraries between aTV2, iPad & Mac (NAS)
Hi guys,
my idea is to find out way how to sync libraries between aTV2, iPad & Mac (with using smb network HDD).
- aTV2 (is still running - server)
- iPad (is not still running - client)
- Mac (is not still running - client)
All videos & music is storage smb network HDD
Thumbnails I have already "sync" throught path substitution.

I already find some possibilities how to sync libraries but it doesn't work:
1. sync with MySQL - I tried to install XAMPP (apache & mysql) on aTV2 but it is not working (ARM processor). It works only on aTV1
2. sync with Dropbox - I don't find on xbmc forum if there is possiblity to install dropbox on aTV2 & iPad?
3. sync with creating symlinks between aTV2 to smb & iPad to smb - there is problem that aTV2 & iPad not working with smb. Question is how to install smb on aTV2 & iPad?
4. trakt utility - this is solution but it is not "online sync" - it is syncing only on starting of aTV2, iPad or Mac

Is there anybody who can help with it?
Thanks a lot
Why dont you use your NAS as mySQL server? I do that and my library is synced between two ATV2s and a MacBook's XBMC. There is no possibility to install Apache/mySQL to an ATV2 and propably never will be.
Maetrik Wrote:Why dont you use your NAS as mySQL server? I do that and my library is synced between two ATV2s and a MacBook's XBMC. There is no possibility to install Apache/mySQL to an ATV2 and propably never will be.

sorry, it is not NAS, it is Network Storage (Lacie) http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10451
Well, if there is no mySQL for your Network space available, then maybe rsync might be a (temp) solution to copy over your ATV2s dbs to your other clients with every startup or something like that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to sync libraries between aTV2, iPad & Mac (NAS)0