WLAN to INFRARED ...
Question 
hi,

i'm using the !great! xbmc-remote on my android galaxy tab to control my XBMC. unfortunately my tv does not support any other interface except the standard infrared remote.
my idea is to build a converter from (W)LAN to infrared and eleminate the remote of the the TV. i'll mount an infrared emitting diode in front of the ir-sensor of the tv and control this ir-diode by user-defined controls (volume, program, ..) given via the (W)LAN interface to the tv.

i think i'm able to build this (W)LAN to infrared device, but how do i send custom commands from the XBMC-remote to my WLAN-ir-converter :confused2:

- is there a standard API for the XBMC remote?
- are there already user defined keys/buttons where i send specific commands via the LAN?
- etc.

hope i've described my plan/ideas in an understandable way Smile

thx for all comments and ideas,
br andy
If you want to control your TV with your phone then you will need to know your TV IR-codes/commands. not XBMC.

The XBMC android remote controls the XBMC aplication on your PC via the network. It's not designed to control TV's
you can use lirc to control your tv... check this: http://servidorladecasa.blogspot.com/
I terms of hardware for this, devices already exist, Global Cache Itach for example, Keene electronics IP2IR devices.
Maybe this little gadget is what your looking for - Logitech Harmony Link.

I believe this is going to be under the christmas tree this year. To myselfe
From myselfe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WLAN to INFRARED ...0