XBMC is not working for me! Seriously need Help! I'm coming from YAMJ
Sad 
Hi

I've been using popcorn hour C-200, with YAMJ for over a year, and was always happy with it.

Now that I got a new PC, I thought of moving to XBMC, BUT...honestly, I'm very confused.

All my movies are stored in Z:\multimedia\movies

each in a folder (the folder names are not clean...e.g. "The Next Three Days 2010 720p BRRip AC3 x264 MacGuffin")

within Z:\multimedia\movies, I have a folder "TV Shows", where each TV Show is stored in it's folder within that.....

Each movie folder, has the media file, along with an .nfo (sample attached), posters, fanart, subtitle...etc.

I've always managed my media via Ember Media Manager. I even created Sets, also have many movies/documentaries, which I created myself, and the data is not available online.

a sample naming of all my files within a folder is:

a sample content of the *.nfo is:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <id>tt1458175</id>
  <title>The Next Three Days</title>
  <originaltitle>The Next Three Days</originaltitle>
  <year>2010</year>
  <releasedate>11/19/2010</releasedate>
  <rating>7.4</rating>
  <votes>28,180</votes>
  <mpaa>Rated PG-13 for violence, drug material, language, some sexuality and thematic elements.</mpaa>
  <certification>USA:PG-13 / UK:12A / Switzerland:12 / Switzerland:12 / Sweden:11 / South Korea:15 / Singapore:PG / Portugal:M/12 / Philippines:PG-13 / Malaysia:PG-13 / Canada:14A / Brazil:14 / Australia:M / Argentina:16</certification>
  <genre>Crime / Drama</genre>
  <studio>Lionsgate</studio>
  <director>Paul Haggis</director>
  <credits>Paul Haggis / Fred Cavayé</credits>
  <tagline>Lose who you are to save what you love.</tagline>
  <outline>A married couple's life is turned upside down when the wife is accused of a murder.</outline>
  <plot>Lara Brennan is arrested for murdering her boss whom she had an argument with. It seems she was seen leaving the scene of the crime and her fingerprints were on the murder weapon. Her husband, John would spend the next few years trying to get her released but there's no evidence that negates the evidence against her. And when the strain of being separated from her family especially her son gets to her, John decides to break her out. So he does a lot of research to find a way.</plot>
  <runtime>133 mins</runtime>
  <trailer>rtmp://amazonimdb.fcod.llnwd.net/a2643/o25/s/theaters/MV5/BMT/k5O/DE3MV5BMTk5ODE3MTM0NV5BNl5BZmx2XkFtZTcwNzkwNjc5Mw4040?e=1304578191&amp;h=c8b6d127556c1036c847eb95406747d5</trailer>
  <actor>
    <name>Russell Crowe</name>
    <role>John Brennan</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTk2NTkxOTc4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA0NzgwNA@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Elizabeth Banks</name>
    <role>Lara Brennan</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTUxMTkyMDQ1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk3NTczNA@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Michael Buie</name>
    <role>Mick Brennan</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjk5NjgyNDU3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTM0MzQ3NA@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Moran Atias</name>
    <role>Erit</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTk0MDI0NzkyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTgxMzA4Mg@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Remy Nozik</name>
    <role>Jenna</role>
    <thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY5NTcxMjg3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE1NTI2Mw@@._V1._SY275_SX400_.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <audio>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <codec>ac3</codec>
      </audio>
      <video>
        <aspect>2.353</aspect>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <duration>133 mins</duration>
        <height>544</height>
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <width>1280</width>
      </video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</movie>

Issues

1.) now, as I set my content location in XBMC, it's scanning all content within "movies", even the content of "TV Shows" folder.

2.) Another issue, it's never picking up the correct poster, it's always selecting a snapshot of the movie as the poster....

So how can I get this right and make it work?

Since I already have all my media with the associated files organized and ready, can't I continue organizing them with Ember Media Manager, and somehow, XBMC will create it's database from these local files, instead of searching online?

I seriously appreciate your help.

Thanks
Forgot to mention, I'm running it on Windows 7 platform
Quote:1.) now, as I set my content location in XBMC, it's scanning all content within "movies", even the content of "TV Shows" folder.

Sounds like you've set multimedia as the movie folder.
Hitcher Wrote:Sounds like you've set multimedia as the movie folder.

no, actually i set "movies" as my movies folder, and "TV Shows", as my TV Shows folder.
Ah, you need to move the TV folder out of Movies and into multimedia.
Hitcher Wrote:Ah, you need to move the TV folder out of Movies and into multimedia.

I can't do that, because I still use YAMJ, and I want to keep this structure, cuz a lot of my friend's popcorn+YAMJ is based on this.
Simular problem.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109902
Maybe try spiff his idea
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
HiSoC8Y Wrote:Issues

1.) now, as I set my content location in XBMC, it's scanning all content within "movies", even the content of "TV Shows" folder.

HiSoC8Y Wrote:2.) Another issue, it's never picking up the correct poster, it's always selecting a snapshot of the movie as the poster....

So how can I get this right and make it work?

The is a major issue I'm having, posted several times, it seems no one is able to help. Posters are not being selected, only snapshot of the video files.

HiSoC8Y Wrote:Since I already have all my media with the associated files organized and ready, can't I continue organizing them with Ember Media Manager, and somehow, XBMC will create it's database from these local files, instead of searching online?

Any help on this issue? Isn't there any YAMJ scrapper...I already have all the data for my video files (posters, nfo (sample is above), fanarts..etc)....I just want XBMC to build it's database from these data files....Movie Sets are already defined via EMM, also, many movies I have, are not in imdb.com, so I manually populated the data into EMM and created it's NFOs.
Rename to folder.jpg.
HiSoC8Y Wrote:I can't do that, because I still use YAMJ, and I want to keep this structure, cuz a lot of my friend's popcorn+YAMJ is based on this.

I think I can help you, step by step, but first please help me understand what this means: a lot of my friend's popcorn+YAMJ is based on this.

What does your media file organization have to do with your friends organization of their media?
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
I think these threads need merging seeing as they're from the same poster about the same thing.
yup,, i have same problem.. and i confused witch tread i must watch.. Image
Okay, I still would like an answer to my previous question to the OP...

Here goes part of your answer. From the picture of your folder and file structure I can see that the PCH and XBMC utilize slightly different methods to do the same thing. I believe you can indeed do both here without the two conflicting.
xbmc is creating it's own screencap image because it can not "see" the image you provided. The xbmc folder structure and naming conventions are below. The parts in bold are to be named as they appear, eg "tvshow.nfo" does not get renamed to Buffy.the.Vampireslayer.nfo

C:\MOVIES\
Movie.Title.year\
-----^-Movie.Title.year.mkv
-----^-Movie.Title.year.nfo
-----^-Movie.Title.year.tbn (movie poster or banner)
-----^-Movie.Title.year-fanart.jpg (movie background image)

C:\TV\
TV.Show.Title\
Season.01\
-----^-TV.Show.Title.s1e1.Episode.Name.mkv
-----^-TV.Show.Title.s1e1.Episode.Name.nfo
-----^-TV.Show.Title.s1e1.Episode.Name.tbn (episode poster or banner)
Season.02\
fanart.jpg (TV show background image)
folder.jpg (TV show poster or banner)
season01.tbn (season poster or banner)
season02.tbn
tvshow.nfo

now, copy rename the appropriate artwork to match xbmc conventions and your images will appear. Since xbmc doesn't see the yamj files. I predict yamj wont "see" the xbmc files and thus wont get corrupted either.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
It kinda annoys me also how XBMC handles mixed folders of movies and TV shows. Especially since I have one folder were everything gets downloaded and then seeded (using transmission web ui). My only solution for now is to add each movie/episode by hand, which is kinda tedious.
blotunga Wrote:It kinda annoys me also how XBMC handles mixed folders of movies and TV shows....

Simple solution is to not mix the two. Standardize your file structure and file placement and XBMC works quite well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC is not working for me! Seriously need Help! I'm coming from YAMJ1