• 11(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
On another note, I also ran into the issue of having the studio icons set too far to the right.

I removed the preferences xml and that fixed it (after re-setting my settings). The odd thing to me is that I don't see any preference in there that would alter the setting of the icon. I even tried manually adjusting the width of the window (in the xml). Is it something with the slider value or just something else that gets reset when ViMM recreates the XML?

Just curious because obviously removing the XML is a crummy task any time there is an odd display issue.
i814u2 Wrote:On another note, I also ran into the issue of having the studio icons set too far to the right.

I removed the preferences xml and that fixed it (after re-setting my settings). The odd thing to me is that I don't see any preference in there that would alter the setting of the icon. I even tried manually adjusting the width of the window (in the xml). Is it something with the slider value or just something else that gets reset when ViMM recreates the XML?

Just curious because obviously removing the XML is a crummy task any time there is an odd display issue.

I'm guessing i'm using a crummy method to set the display area's width in comparison to the sidebar width and window width, i must take a look at that.

Unfortunately I don't know how to make multi-buttons, popups or search fields into the toolbar yet, but i'll note it down.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Just noticed this app now.

So glad to not have to fire up Parallels Desktop just scrape two movies.

It worked very well.

I noticed that trailers have to be done manually, can this be changed to auto with a selected preference for quality?

Renaming didn't work and the program crashed a few times and now it works fineHuh??
Is it possible for it rename the files to match the folder?
I used it to rename two movies and it just renamed the folder name.
Before:
Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994/Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994.mkv

After renaming:
Ace Ventura Pet Detective (1994)/Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994.mkv

All my media is named like this:
Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994/
- Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994.mkv
- Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994-trailer.mkv
- Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994-fanart.jpg
- Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994.tbn

ViMediaManager does it like this:
- fanart.jpg
- Poster.jpg

Can it be the way I had it originally? Is it prefered to have it the ViMediaManager way?

Thanks for creating this for mac's! Big Grin
T800 Wrote:Just noticed this app now.

So glad to not have to fire up Parallels Desktop just scrape two movies.

It worked very well.

I noticed that trailers have to be done manually, can this be changed to auto with a selected preference for quality?

Renaming didn't work and the program crashed a few times and now it works fineHuh??
Is it possible for it rename the files to match the folder?
I used it to rename two movies and it just renamed the folder name.
Before:
Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994/Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994.mkv

After renaming:
Ace Ventura Pet Detective (1994)/Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994.mkv

All my media is named like this:
- Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994-fanart.jpg
- Ace Ventura Pet Detective 1994.tbn

ViMediaManager does it like this:
- fanart.jpg
- Poster.jpg

Can it be the way I had it originally? Is it prefered to have it the ViMediaManager way?

Thanks for creating this for mac's! Big Grin

You're welcome!
I'll be looking into more naming options.
v0.5b10 - 19/09/2011
--------------------
* [New] Using a more native OS X toolbar which can be edited.
* [Fix] Hopefully fixed the general display area from shifting itself off of the window.
* [Fix] When selecting an item, check to see if it actually exists before reading NFO.
* [Fix] When trying to read set info, it was trying to dig a layer to deep into nonexistence into the XML, this should be fixed now.
* [Dif] Saved "Future Show" status in NFO file instead of calculating it at startup, this allows to see if shows started showing when doing a mass status update.
* [Dif] Some fixes and changes to sorting lists.
* [Dif] Lots of other minor changes.
FYI, VMM just crashed out on my MBP & spat out a report. I'm not at all savvy on these things. Rolleyes

Are you interested in seeing these things? It's too long to post in the thread so what part is useful to you or if you want I could email it all to you?
You can paste the crash report at http://pastebin.com/
And could you also tell me what you where doing just before it crashed?
Nice progress Marius, update every day. Ember MM functionality by xmas.
Thanks
MariusTh86 Wrote:You can paste the crash report at http://pastebin.com/
And could you also tell me what you where doing just before it crashed?

PM'd link.

Action at time of crashes: VMM had just fetched metadata for one title & I clicked on the next title in the list. The mouse click did not register & a few seconds later the app crashed. On reopening the title that had just finished fetching metadata still retained that metadata. No other effects were observed.
You know what, it just might do that at this rate. Wink
Updated the 2nd post with a short Tips & Tricks section for a guide.
demosthien Wrote:PM'd link.

Action at time of crashes: ViMM had just fetched metadata for one title & I clicked on the next title in the list. The mouse click did not register & a few seconds later the app crashed. On reopening the title that had just finished fetching metadata still retained that metadata. No other effects were observed.

Thank you for your detailed report! does this happen more often? or just the one time?
Here's a question... In the TV Shows module when I fetch metadata the little TV icons change colour from grey to either red, orange or green.

What's the significance of the colours?
MariusTh86 Wrote:Thank you for your detailed report! does this happen more often? or just the one time?

It has thus far happened about 5 times. But only using your most recent release. I can't remember any of the earlier releases having the same crashes.

There are two reports in that paste from the two most recent crashes.
demosthien Wrote:Here's a question... In the TV Shows module when I fetch metadata the little TV icons change colour from grey to either red, orange or green.

What's the significance of the colours?

Good question!
Grey means: No information available, or not yet scraped.
Green means: Continuing - Currently airing.
Orange means: Hiatus - Still airing, but currently on pause for at least 2 weeks.
Red means: Ended - No new episodes will be aired.
Blue means: Future Show - This show will start airing episodes somewhere in the future.
demosthien Wrote:It has thus far happened about 5 times. But only using your most recent release. I can't remember any of the earlier releases having the same crashes.

There are two reports in that paste from the two most recent crashes.

Very odd... I'm guessing you're using a different movie every time? do you receive any other error messages before it crashes besides those error reports? which movies did it happen with? and, if you remove the NFO files from those movies, restart the app and scrape them again, does it crash each time you try this with those movies?
Try the last one a couple of times on the same movies to see if it's a random occurrence, or if it might be specific to those movies, in which case I'd like you to send me the NFO file's content next to the movie file names.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19