• 128(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
I am unable to scan media over my home network. Local scanning on the Mac went great but if I try to add a folder from my Windows machines upstairs it scans for about 2 seconds and says "done". Can someone shed some light on this for me?

I just used the Mac "connect to server" and entered my credentials for my Windows login. I can see all my Windows drives over the network and can write to them from Finder.

OSX 10.9.2
ViMediaManager v0.7a12c
I can't help much, but I would investigate what kind of file share protocol is being used and see if you can change it on the windows machine. I connect to a library on another computer but it is a Mac mini and works fine (although quite slow to read the library in when it needs to refresh).
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
(2014-03-10, 02:30)clipper99 Wrote: I am unable to scan media over my home network. Local scanning on the Mac went great but if I try to add a folder from my Windows machines upstairs it scans for about 2 seconds and says "done". Can someone shed some light on this for me?

I just used the Mac "connect to server" and entered my credentials for my Windows login. I can see all my Windows drives over the network and can write to them from Finder.

OSX 10.9.2
ViMediaManager v0.7a12c

I've got it sorted out, it wasn't a problem with VMM but with my shares. What a great program!
First off this is a fantastic program thank you for your hard work.

When scrapping my TVLibary I get this message
"An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must be shut down"
I have narrowed it down to specific TV shows.
Lost (2004) is one of them. If I remove it from the Libary no issues. I have even tried completly different encode of lost had the same issue. I am currently using the "carbon" build it seems more stable on my OSX 10.9.2 machine. I have tried disabling the sources that I can, but still the same result.
There are a few other tv shows that cause this for me:
30 Rock
Garfield and Friends
supermario bros super show
Any thoughts as to what's going on?
Thanks
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
If you want to know the technical details, here is what seems to be happening:

When doing a look up on the IMDb, i'm looking for a few common phrases to make sure i have the right page, one of those is '404 error'.
Apparently those words now comes up even on correct pages in the phrase 'When 404 Error Page Happens...'.

Thinking that the IMDb is on an invalid page, it doesn't return any IMDb information, and my 'scraper' didn't handle the no-information available correctly.

So I fixed 1 line where no IMDb information would lead to errors, and more importantly, i made sure that the IMDb page result is properly recognised as correct again.
I'd heavily suggest everyone to download the fixed debug build below for the fixes, i'll probably upload a new official version of it later:
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

Let me know if this fixes your problems.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Yes sir that did the trick!!
Thank you for the fix and HOLY COW talk about fast!! Thanks for the extremely prompt answer/fix!!
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
You're welcome, glad to know it worked. Wink
It took me a bit to figure out what show(s) was causing it.
I was using MediaElch it's a fine scrapper, but with my library consisting of 6 3TB external drives it took so long to load and often crashed. VIMM loads blazing fast aside from this issue much more stable.

Again KUDOS on a great Program us poor Mac users usually get the short end of the stick!

Oh one last thing, I noticed VIMM drops a EpsoideGuide.json file
What does that do? Have not noticed any difference on XBMC is it something specific skins use?

Thanks
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
The EpisodeGuide is something only ViMM uses in its 'Episodes Manager' which you can get to by selecting a TV show and pressing the 'Episodes' toolbar button.

This manager basically can keep track of all the episodes you've watched, and makes it easy to delete all the files, thumb, subtitle, episodeNfo and the episode itself once you've watched it, in case you want to safe space for future episodes. ;-)

I thought keeping track of which episodes you've already watched would be rather nice, especially if you (re)watch an old tv show or play catch-up by watching a lot of episodes at once, XBMC generally keeps track well enough itself, but if you somehow re-set XBMC, or even re-download all your episodes, ViMM should be able to keep track so that you won't have to worry about saving your watched status. ^^

I also had the idea to make it a bit more fun to keep track of your watched episodes by gathering your 'time spend watching', and 'watched episodes per day' information in fancy graphs at some point. ^^
That's pretty cool, thanks again !!
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2013-03-08, 12:30)MariusTh86 Wrote: It looks like something is going wrong while rendering the HTML field that should display the episode thumbnail and information, unfortunately it doesn't tell me what...
Are you using the 'Cocoa' or 'Intel' version? (The default download is 'intel') what happens if you use the other version?

I'm using the app 'mediainfo' (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en) to look up codec information.
I just whipped up a 'mediainfo' app so that you can see the values it returns by selecting the mediafile, let me know the 'XML' information if something odd is showing:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8wbovv4optmv3x3

Hey Marius, sorry to revive a year old post... I still can't get this to work. Most movies when fetching metadata are still not pulling codec, duration, dimensions or ratio. I downloaded Mediainfo and loaded some of the files that didn't work... it is showing the correct information, but ViMM is still pulling N/A for all these fields. Any ideas? Thanks!
Could you send me a screenshot and the .nfo file of one of the affected items?

If you have ViMediaManager in your /Applications folder, try running this terminal command to make sure that mediainfo is an executable file:
Code:
chmod +x /Applications/ViMediaManager.app/Contents/Resources/mediainfo

and try the following command to see if mediainfo works correctly:
Code:
/Applications/ViMediaManager.app/Contents/Resources/mediainfo --help
(2014-03-25, 11:50)MariusTh86 Wrote: Could you send me a screenshot and the .nfo file of one of the affected items?

If you have ViMediaManager in your /Applications folder, try running this terminal command to make sure that mediainfo is an executable file:
Code:
chmod +x /Applications/ViMediaManager.app/Contents/Resources/mediainfo

and try the following command to see if mediainfo works correctly:
Code:
/Applications/ViMediaManager.app/Contents/Resources/mediainfo --help

I pasted the NFO for the movie 127 hours at http://goo.gl/zh83GN, and here is the VIMM screen shot. It pulls file info for audio, but not video. This happens on the majority, but not all, of movies I fetch metadata for in VIMM. The screen shot show N/A for Duration, Video Codec, Dimensions, Ratio & Source. Everything else appears normal.

Thanks for time.
Odd that the audio gets taken correctly, but not the video format, could you also show me the XML results of ViMediaInfo on that movie?
http://www.mediafire.com/?0i11a1d104129ua
Does Trackt.tv integrate with TV Shows? I can seem to find a "mark as watched" option for VIMM TV Library just movies.
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19