• 130(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
Intel version worked without any problems. Thanks!
Sets I just added all the James Bond movies to my collection and kinda of expected them to appear as james bond collection in xbmc but they are just separate movies any ideas?

Also when adding new media it has to scan my entire collection all over again and then again while fetching metadata this seems to be very time consuming and inefficient.
Mac mini 2012
Drobo 4 bay
4 three terabyte HHD
Drobo 5 bay
5 four terabyte HHD
I assume you've added movies to sets in ViMediaManager, I believe there might be a setting in XBMC to actually show a set as a set.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but ViMM only scans your entire collection to see what it should update, but it only fetches information for those that need it.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Well if i don't use ViMediaManager XBMC will put my movies in sets i.e. avengers bond dc animated etc but when i use ViMediaManager its hit and miss for example only the daniel craig movies get put in bond while all the older ones are displayed as separate movies or thor is in the avengers set while thor the dark world isn't. I'm aware that I can manually add movies to sets but it doesn't always seem to work and seems like something it should do by itself. Xbmc seems to not be able to do it after ViMedia has had its way with my files.
Mac mini 2012
Drobo 4 bay
4 three terabyte HHD
Drobo 5 bay
5 four terabyte HHD
Sets are identified in the NFO file, so if you ask ViMM to make the NFO files, and then you feed them to XBMC, XBMC can't automatically make sets.

I've had pretty good luck with the sets manager in ViMM, though it does get a bit wonky sometimes. It is still labeled Experimental! Type the name of your set in the right bottom and hit return. This creates a set, and some movies may be added automatically if they have the set name in the title. Others you can just drag in.

If it doesn't work, it is easy enough to edit the NFO file to make sets. Just add a sets tag to the NFO file as follows:
<set order="1">James Bond</set>
You can put it under the title tag so you can easily find it if you ever need to edit it. The number just sets the order of the movies in the set.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
I've been using ViMediaManager for over a year and love it. I just got a new iMac so I went out, installed the latest version of ViMediaManger, and pointed it to my shared library on my NAS. I did an "Update List" and it found all of my media. However, it doesn't look like it sucked in the posters, backdrops, and banners. All of the media has that info in its directories, but ViMM didn't pull them in. Is there a way to force it to do that?
The only thing ViMM 'caches' are posters and backdrops that are then shown in the main window, the rest of the images and in every other window, the images are loaded 'live' as needed, so if a banner isn't showing up it may not be recognised properly.

If you go into the metadata editor's 'Images' section, and change the drop down menu, does it manage to find and show the images? could you send over a screenshot of ViMM's main window and the selected item's folder content?
(2014-05-10, 16:13)MariusTh86 Wrote: The only thing ViMM 'caches' are posters and backdrops that are then shown in the main window, the rest of the images and in every other window, the images are loaded 'live' as needed, so if a banner isn't showing up it may not be recognised properly.

If you go into the metadata editor's 'Images' section, and change the drop down menu, does it manage to find and show the images? could you send over a screenshot of ViMM's main window and the selected item's folder content?

I've gone into the metadata editor and changed the selection, nothing ever shows up. Here are some images to show you what is going on.

The folder structure seems to be in order, and since it can read the .nfo, i don't see why it can't read the images.
You could see if renaming the 'fanart.jpg' file to '<moviename>-fanart.jpg' and 'folder.jpg' to '<moviename>-poster.jpg' changes anything, but that shouldn't matter too much.

Try updating to the latest nightly if you haven't already:
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

And if all else fails, try a complete reset using this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1542973
(2014-05-11, 16:56)MariusTh86 Wrote: The folder structure seems to be in order, and since it can read the .nfo, i don't see why it can't read the images.
You could see if renaming the 'fanart.jpg' file to '<moviename>-fanart.jpg' and 'folder.jpg' to '<moviename>-poster.jpg' changes anything, but that shouldn't matter too much.

Try updating to the latest nightly if you haven't already:

And if all else fails, try a complete reset using this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1542973

Was already using the latest nightly. Not sure why that worked, but doing the complete reset did it. It was a brand new computer with only a few things installed right now, so I didn't even think a reset would be necessary. Keep up the good work with the program!
Hi there!

I have a question (actually two) about file renaming.

1) Should VMM be renaming files that have an ampersand (&) in $T with a HTML enitity ie &amp;?

2) Is it possible to have files named with 'full unicode', but not have filesystem special characters?

Specifically ":", "/", "\", "?" seem to cause problems.

ie I have a NAS that I access via AFP for VMM, but via SMB for XBMC.
I want to keep this (it works just fine):
TV/Hannibal/Season 01/S01E01 Apéritif.mkv
TV/Hannibal/Season 01/S01E02 Amuse-Bouche.mkv
TV/Hannibal/Season 01/S01E03 Potage.mkv
TV/Hannibal/Season 01/S01E04 Œuf.mkv
TV/Hannibal/Season 01/S01E05 Coquilles.mkv
TV/Hannibal/Season 01/S01E06 Entrée.mkv
TV/Hannibal/Season 01/S01E07 Sorbet.mkv
TV/Hannibal/Season 01/S01E08 Fromage.mkv
TV/Hannibal/Season 01/S01E09 Trou Normand.mkv
TV/Hannibal/Season 01/S01E10 Buffet Froid.mkv
TV/Hannibal/Season 01/S01E11 Rôti.mkv
TV/Hannibal/Season 01/S01E12 Relevés.mkv
TV/Hannibal/Season 01/S01E13 Savoureux.mkv

But without having to worry about is doing this:
TV/Bob's Burgers/Season 04/S04E21 Wharf Horse (or How Bob SavesBig Grinestroys the Town) (1).mp4

(edited due to unintended HTML entitiy smiley)
Well hello!

I hope that these answer your questions:

1) I don't think that it should, but then, I don't seem to be able to reproduce it with titles that contain '&', make sure that the .nfo file of the item doesn't use '&amp;'.

2) I'm not sure that 'full unicode' is perfectly supported on every system, if it isn't, 'safe naming' would no longer be safe if i supported it, specifically I believe I heard that some linux systems don't support it, which is why I started 'flattening' the text to plain ASCII in the first place.
Show me that i'm wrong if you know otherwise. ;-)

If you still have more questions, feel free to ask. ^^
Hi Marius, thanks for responding.

1) Yes, VMM is putting an &amp; in the NFO title field. An example I've found is Adventure Time S05E32 "Fire & Water"

2) Well, using Hannibal as an example again, I went through and renamed some episodes into Kanji/Hiragana.

drs@osmium:/srv/media/Unedited Uploads# ls Unicode\ test | cat
S01E01 Apéritif.nfo
S01E04 Œuf.nfo
S01E06 Entrée.nfo
S01E11 Rôti.nfo
S01E12 Relevés.nfo
S02E01 Kaiseki.nfo
S02E01 かいせき.nfo
S02E02 さきずけ.nfo
S02E02 Sakizuke.nfo
S02E04 Takiawase.nfo
S02E04 炊き合わせ.nfo
S02E05 Mukōzuke.nfo
S02E05 むこおずけ.nfo

Is that sufficient UTF-8 coverage?

AFAIK Linux has had pretty robust UTF-8 support at the filesystem level for a while now.
Likewise in Samba (since v3.0 in 2003) and Netatalk (v2.0 in 2004).
Is it formatted with something called 'ext4' ? How well does it take the following symbols?
½ ⅓ ⅔ ¼ ² ³

I've set the latest debug build not to convert titles to plain ASCII when the 'safe naming' option is turned on, and made sure to replace the "&amp;" with "&" if it finds it in the episode name.

And on a side note, if anyone is having troubles downloading youtube trailers, I believe this build should fix that.
Marius,

That's awesome, thanks.

I'm running XFS on my NAS, but I can find a system with an ext3/ext4 filesystem and test it for you if needs be.

Those symbols work just fine via direct shell access, AFP and SMB.

I'll test the other cases and get back to you.
  • 130(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19