• 133(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
@SophT: I've added the TimeOut option to ViMM's interface in the latest debug build, you can find it under 'Preferences' > 'Extras'
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
The RottenTomatoes API should work again, however 'criticus consensus' seems to have been scrapped by the people from rotten tomatoes. Sad
Hi guys, I'm a new user and looking for some help.

Is there a way to change the preferences such the sort title doesn't put ", the" at the end of the name. For example, I would prefer the sort title to be "The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty" not "Secret Life Of Walter Mitty, The".

A way to automate this would be appreciated as opposed to going through 500+ movies individually to edit the metadata.
I think most systems make the effort to skip the "The" so you don't have 60% of your movies (just guessing) starting with that. That makes an alphabetical sort more useful.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
The 'Sort name' is there to make sure media files are correctly alphabetised by the first true name or word rather than by the article "The ", "A ", "An " in XBMC.

For renaming files and/or folder purposes, if you want ViMM to use the title rather then the sort title, use "$T" instead of "$S", and you can click the question mark button next to the renaming pattern fields for more options.
Can you add an option to not delete Genre and Tags when you update the metadata? Or is that already possible? I have my own tags which aren't being downloaded and it's a pain if they get deleted.
Using the 'Update Metadata' button or menu item should save the current item's title, sorttitle, originaltitle, tagline, sets/order, RipSource, genres & tags before downloading new information.

Edit: It seems the previous genres/tags don't get properly saved for no apparent reason, so i'll be looking into this issue.
When i update the episodes for a tv show (for example via "Update Metadata - Episodes" when the show is highlighted) only the EpisodeGuide.json is updated, but not the already existing NFO files for the episodes (timestamp is still the old one, as the ratings are within the NFO file). This isn't the correct behaviour, if i'm not misunderstanding the documentation, right?
@theowiesengrund: Currently, the 'Update Metadata' > 'Episodes' and 'New Episodes' share a lot of the same code, including a bit where it checks to see if a video file already has a .nfo file AND a thumb file, and that it will continue on to the next episode without modifying the existing one if both exist.

So technically, it's working as it was designed to do, and I believe that the documentation doesn't actually mention that it'll re-write existing .nfo files, so it should be technically correct as well. But I can't say that my designs are perfect yet.

The episodes manager and information fetcher still need a lot of work, for example, ViMM doesn't actually use the episode's .nfo file after it has written it, i've been using the episode guide for almost everything, and now the only way ViMM knows whether it has the correct episode file is when the filename contains the season number and episode number and ViMM is able to filter and match it correctly to the episode guide, which rather limits my options in cases where people might want to use the DVD ordering or absolute ordering system.

But now that i've learned my lesson, i'll know to do things rather differently the next time I re-write this part. ;-)
(2014-06-09, 23:29)MariusTh86 Wrote: @capfuturo:
5) I just removed the adding of a dash from Blu-Ray and HD-DVD recognition, and added forgotten VHS recognition.
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

6) It was made for '[EXTENDED]' versions, tags such as yours, and japanese romaji names, so you're welcome. ;-)

Awesome! Good that you added the VHS since I believe we all have to a certain extend material that was only released in VHS or home videos or similar quality even if digital.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
During my weekly uninstall - install routine Undecided i saw the Vimm 0.8 preview pictures - TELL US MORE Smile
It's just a small preview of what I have right now, a bit of proof that I am working on vimm 0.8, but also that I haven't gotten all that far yet.
https://www.mediafire.com/?w6kirc1orlaig

Basically, i'm re-writing v0.8 from scratch... again. (If you'd go be re-writes, ViMM would be at v4 or 5 by now. ;-)
Because I wasn't sure how to change the current version of ViMM to fit in all of the many many changes I wanted to make.

Definite v0.8 features for now:
- It'll be Cocoa only, so no more messing around with the 'Intel edition', and by then I hope there won't be any memory leakage.

- Start-up of ViMM is going to be almost infinitely much faster since i'll only be caching poster images instead of poster & fanart images, and i'll cache them at a smaller size so that they will open faster and asynchronously.
• This means that you can continue working with ViMM as it (re)loads movies, tv shows and anime, and instead of loading first movies, then TV shows, it'll load each section at once, whichever is done first will show up first.

- The toolbar will be fully customisable as a Mac OS toolbar should be.

- The 'filter list' on the left contains a bunch of filtering options for easier management of your media.

- The 'Media list' in the middle can be freely resized to show larger or smaller poster images using the slider on the bottom right of the window, putting them in a sort-order should be more logical now without all the sorting options that were passing themselves off as filtering options, and i've copied some of iTunes's keyboard shortcuts such as revealing an item in the finder, which might be some getting used to.

- The information display field on the right is actually a HTML viewer that can be themed if you know HTML/CSS, and with Javascript you can add all sorts of animated fun, such as pop-up images/videos.
• That's right, it'll even be able to show trailers inline through HTML5 video tags.
• Since it does its own image caching and asynchronously loading of images, it'll display information faster and easier.
• Technically, if you liked TinyMediaManager or Ember before, you could even make a theme to recreate their information display, i've mostly successfully mocked up a quick tinyMediaManager theme as an example, and added javascript pop-up images to boot. ;-)
http://cl.ly/image/2l1k1P2W191U/Screen%2....08.04.png

- I'm working as hard as possible on crash prevention, trying to catch bugs before they happen, but i'll have to see how well that works once it's out. Wink

But there is still lots that needs to be done before I can make any kind of release, right now i've pretty much only have the main window mostly ready, and with the advent of OS X 10.10 yosemite, I'll have to re-decide what to do with the window theme, like, do I want to make the left side-bar(s) transparent, and will the toolbar be scroll through as in safari.

Not to mention re-planning on how to do things I used to do that could use different approaches, like how to let users choose their own scrapers rather then using the special ViMM blend, and maybe even letting users add their own scrapers. Fixing the TV episodes management side which is actually working in a horrible manner. Making a better sets/collection manager, and figuring out how to implement and get all of my other incredible plans and ideas for v0.8 that I simply must add to actually work. ?

I don't think it'll be ready this year, so be patient with me while i'll make sure ViMM 0.7x keeps working as I slowly build v0.8 up to be the media manager Mac users ought to use, and Windows users will want to switch to Mac OS for. Tongue
All I can say is, WOW!
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
LOOKS GREAT! CANT WAIT Smile
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
AVR - Denon x2400h 5.2.2 Surround
Devices - Apple TV 4K, nVIDIA Shield TV Pro
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
Remote - Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Control
Hello Vidal,

Very good news indeed! Would you consider a test build to some of us so we can start testing and working with it in order to provide feedback of what is working great, feels and looks good and what doesn't; what is missing, what makes sense and what doesn't?

Looking forward, Jav
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
  • 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19