• 135(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
Hi!

Really loving the software! I have one small issue: for TV episodes ratings it seems like it looks at TVDB and not IMDB. Although I have it set to look at IMDB for ratings. Do I have a wrong setting somewhere or is there a reason it looks at TVDB?
For episodes i'm currently only scraping the TVDB, this was done because downloading IMDb information for every single episode would make the waiting time considerably longer since it would have to download a different IMDb page for each episode.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Been using Vi since its creation.. Never had any big problems and most of my small issues were resolved with the Apps creator, however, I am running into a problem that is utterly frustrating me and I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Problem: Existing TV Shows-- added new episodes to existing season folder. Normally I open Vi, right click on the show and update episodes button or select update new episodes from main file heading if I have a large update to make(will update all new episodes in library) refreshing nfo files. Recently added a few different new episodes and tv shows to library. Vi added the new shows, no issues, but it would not refresh the existing tv shows new episodes with metadata.

My only solution that seems to work is to remove the show from the library and re-add it. Obviously, don't want to have to do this. Again, I have never had this problem and am running the newest release. The only thing that comes to mind is the size of my library, could that be the culprit?. Anyhow, just wanted to throw this out there. I have done the standard trouble shooting all the way down to complete removal, reinstall and rescan.
Episodes will update if there are no previous .nfo AND thumbnail images available, if one of the two is missing ViMM will try to download the missing information.
Besides that, it only recognises episode files if the file name is correct, It should contain at least something like 'S01E01' or I believe '1x01'.

I'm not quite certain what your situation is, or why it doesn't work on the first try, but does on the second.
Hi Marius, first thanks for porting on mac such a good nfo editor!
Is it possible to have casting infos (and actors pics) from TMDB instead of IMDB (like in XBMC)? Or just an option to keep casting infos/pics untouched from the nfo generated by xbmc (after doing export in xbmc)?
Thanks!
Hi jafichan,

There is support for actor name, role and picture through a mix of TMDB & IMDb information, but I believe the IMDb source is used in preference of others when possible.

In future versions i have been thinking of adding some way for the user to configure, mix & match sources, but that's still some ways away.
Ok thanks Smile
(2014-08-13, 23:16)MariusTh86 Wrote: Sorry for the wait, the first time I tried to get my head around this, some odd issue kept popping up, but I finally figured out how to fix it.

Try the latest debug build and let me know how it goes:
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

is there currently a bug, that vii doesn't autodownload fanart, clear art, cd-art,... ?
I have to always manually download them Sad - I have set those items to auto download in options.
Or is it just me ?
(2014-09-16, 16:47)mydsmbr Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 23:16)MariusTh86 Wrote: Sorry for the wait, the first time I tried to get my head around this, some odd issue kept popping up, but I finally figured out how to fix it.

Try the latest debug build and let me know how it goes:
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

is there currently a bug, that vii doesn't autodownload fanart, clear art, cd-art,... ?
I have to always manually download them Sad - I have set those items to auto download in options.
Or is it just me ?

That's happening to me too, so it's not just you. Confused
Not downloading fanart might have been an update issue.

Try going to 'Preferences' > 'Services' > 'Fanart.tv'. and turn on the option 'Enabled' in the upper right corner.
Hi,

I've got a query related to international films. Recently I've started tagging my international film section, French, Italian, Greek, Chinese films. But the trouble is VMM fetches "exact" titles off TMDB/IMDb such as "Κυνόδοντας" or "Üç maymun" or at times.. Chinese films end up as "HuhHuh? Huh??"

I was wondering if there's a way or setting by which VMM might fetch the "english" titles (translated or transliterated either will work for me)
My settings for renaming are, Folder rename - $S ($Y) [$D], File rename - $T ($Y)

Any ideas??
I fear that there's currently no way to choose which language title you want to set if setting the 'Database Language' option under 'Preferences' > 'General' to USA English doesn't work.
Thank You, MariusTh86, for your clarification. I thought I was messing up the renaming criteria as usual.
But just a heads up. The title "Κυνόδοντας" returns search result as "Dogtooth" in both, IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1379182/) and TMDb (https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/38810) with "Κυνόδοντας" as the original title.

Hope to see this in a future release.
Thanks again for your clarification.
parannoyed, I guess I don't understand what the problem is. When I fetch Dogtooth (2009), ViMM returns with Dogtooth as the title and the Greek title as "original title":
<title>Dogtooth</title>
<sorttitle>Dogtooth</sorttitle>
<originaltitle>Κυνόδοντας</originaltitle>
<year>2009</year>

Isn't that what you want? My file renaming pattern is the same as yours, although my folder pattern is the same as the file.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
That really is funny. I'll try a few more permutations and let you know how it goes.
Thanks for your response.
  • 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19