• 63(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
filter the movies nfo for YAMJ so only these infos are generated:

http://pastebin.com/vF0wppXY

And also if you could filter and leave only these for the TV shows:

http://pastebin.com/Xcw80wfK

That way your software will be 100% compatible with YAMJ ;-)

edit by memphiz: use pastebin the next time for not cluttering the forum view.
I've already been consulting the YAMJ wiki, for the most part it's just been really convenient that all the NFO file formats have so much overlap with each other. Wink
The latest nightly has removed 'recommendations' if your mediaplayer settings are set to "YAMJ", if that was a chokepoint, then it should work better now.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Ill try that right now ;-)
I just checked out the latest Dec. 17 nightly (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2s3f8uhh8jh1l0q/0seaBWnMqs). I'm not sure how the 'Intel' version differs; I was looking at the 'Cocoa' version. The episode manager seems to be quite functional there and offers a lot of new information. Now I'm beginning to see the outlines of your master plan ;-) It is really coming along nicely.

I only have 3 TV shows. "Arrow" fetched just fine, but "Falling Skies" and "Firefly" didn't. The shows are in thetvdb.com, and ViMM got images, but no data - when I manually searched them it said it can't find them. Just wondering why one would work and the others wouldn't.
The 'Intel' version is build using the 'Carbon' framework, which was originally made back in the days when Mac OS X was still new, people where switching between 'classic' mac and 'OS X', and still needed a framework that would work on both versions, for as far as i've understood, and Cocoa is Mac OS X's native framework, while there are already talks about Mac OS X dropping carbon altogether eventually, Cocoa has Apple's full support.
And Cocoa comes with a lot of pro's, such as a speed bump, better multi-tasking and OS support for things such as spell-check, speech and other nice things, such as the ability to display in native retina resolution.

However, my development environment doesn't yet fully support the Cocoa framework, as such it comes with some bugs attached, the biggest of which is that it can nom up all your RAMz while doing a batch command such as 'fetch missing metadata', and there are a few other oddities.

There may be a few connection issues, try again later?
Hi,

I'm updating missing metadata and the program crashes upon reaching certain files: for example, Old School (2001), Fist Full of Dollars, etc. It seems to work well on most, but every 20 or 30 movies, it will crash and won't read a particular film. Weird. Fyi.
If you're using the cocoa version, try the carbon version instead, it crashes around those movies because that's right around the time all your RAMz has been eaten.
If not, try doing a single scrape/update on the files it seems to crash on.
Just a little FYI Marius, I think there may be a regression in the Dec. 18 nightly, regarding refreshing the list. Since I've been using the program, Updating has not worked right, so I've been relying on refreshing, which has worked perfectly. Now, when I refresh not all the movies are in the list. When I refresh multiple times consecutively I get a different number of movies each time. Happens with Cocoa and Intel versions.

By the way, thanks for the lovely holiday greetings. I'm sure we all wish you a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and some time off from coding to enjoy them!

By the way, that dark UI looks pretty good too!
Marius,

VIM is setup in french on my mac but everytime i scrape a movie i don't get a plot outline in french, and yes the outline are available in french...this is weird !

i do get the full plot in french at least, but id prefer to get the outline in french if it's something you can fix easily on the next build ;-)

Or maybe just a 1-2 lines of the full plot could be use for the french outline ?
@Glorious1: I think I fixed the reload list feature, let me know after the next nightly.

@yannickrose: I don't believe that TMDb actually provides plot outlines, just full plots & taglines, And the IMDb scraper only scrapes in english.
Could you give me an example of a movie that does have an outline provided?
Otherwise i'm just gonna get the first 200 some characters, go to the end of the sentence and save that as the outline.
Marius,

You are right, my outline that Ember Media manager did were made with the first sentences of the original plot, but yeah if you could do that i would apreciate !!!!

Thanks a lot !!
(2012-12-17, 22:31)shawncrisp Wrote: Hi,

I'm updating missing metadata and the program crashes upon reaching certain files: for example, Old School (2001), Fist Full of Dollars, etc. It seems to work well on most, but every 20 or 30 movies, it will crash and won't read a particular film. Weird. Fyi.

Mine was also crashing on Old School, even when i scan it by itself. Also crashing on Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery during full scan, but worked by itself.

Just gone back to 0.5.4 and it seems to be working.
Check Out My 5 User XBMC Tutorial
If i have helped you please REP+
@deathraiider: Did you also try the latest nightly? available here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2s3f8uhh8jh1l0q/0seaBWnMqs
(2012-12-20, 12:59)MariusTh86 Wrote: @deathraiider: Did you also try the latest nightly? available here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2s3f8uhh8jh1l0q/0seaBWnMqs

Yep, just tried it and seems to be more stable, gets past Austin Powers without errors. Threw €5 your way as well. Thanks.
Check Out My 5 User XBMC Tutorial
If i have helped you please REP+
And thank you as well!
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19