• 69(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
Can I have both the 5 and the nightly build on the same computer?
Yes, but don't let them get too close together, or you'll have ViMM, the Next Generation Tongue
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
Incidentally, my 'codename' for 0.6x is 'The Next Generation'. Wink
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
In the past two nightlies (1/21, 1/30), I'm seeing a bug where the resolution isn't being added to the filename properly. These are all MKVs, and the UI actually shows the correct resolution in the little red box, it's just that it doesn't rename correctly. Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't seen an real pattern. Any idea why this is happening?

Also, as of the 1/30 nightly, I get the following error when trying to fetch metadata. It's failed on 5 different movies, all in the same spot: When trying to get the banner image:
http://minus.com/lbh8HoO0YuUKsB
The banner image error should be fixed in the next build, but to fix it yourself for now, open up the preferences, go to the movies tab, open up the new 'banners' popup and select an item in the list. (And just to be certain, select a different one than the default at first)

I think I found the pattern for you, I bet it mostly happened with previously 'unscraped' movies? up till now it got the resolution data from an invisible column in the list, new movies however don't have the resolution column filled up until after renaming the file.
I'm gonna get the resolution date straight from the NFO file from hereon, that should help.

Thanks for the bug reports! let me know if you find any more. Wink
(2013-01-30, 11:43)MariusTh86 Wrote: The banner image error should be fixed in the next build, but to fix it yourself for now, open up the preferences, go to the movies tab, open up the new 'banners' popup and select an item in the list. (And just to be certain, select a different one than the default at first)
Thanks, that fixed it.

(2013-01-30, 11:43)MariusTh86 Wrote: I think I found the pattern for you, I bet it mostly happened with previously 'unscraped' movies? up till now it got the resolution data from an invisible column in the list, new movies however don't have the resolution column filled up until after renaming the file.
I'm gonna get the resolution date straight from the NFO file from hereon, that should help.

Thanks for the bug reports! let me know if you find any more. Wink

Yes, you've described the issue exactly. For anyone curious, until there's a fix you can just right click the movie and manually select "Rename selection" and it'll add the resolution.
Hi Marius, this is great software and I've used it to re-organize all my movies which were a combination of files and some folders.

Now, thanks to your tool it's all now one movie per folder!

BUT! I seem to be having issues trying to update all of the metadata since they're now in their own folders...

I'm using OSX 10.8.2 and ViMM 0.6a7

Here is the log that I get, I hope it is not just me:

Nil object exception ERROR: 0
Stack:

RaiseExceptionClass
RaiseNilObjectException
MovieSckt.GetMovieNFO%%o<MovieSckt>sb
MovieCore.MovieByID%%sb
dlgProgress.dlgProgress.thrProgress_Run%%o<dlgProgress.dlgProgress>o<Thread>
Delegate.IM_Invoke%%o<Thread>
AddHandler.Stub.0%%
threadRun
_pthread_start
I may have already fixed that bug, Try the nightly, and let me know if it still happens: http://www.mediafire.com/vimediamanager
Lastest build doesnt work for me either

Nil object exception ERROR: 0
Stack:

RaiseExceptionClass
RaiseNilObjectException
ListMovies.ScanDir%%o<ListMovies>o<FolderItem>
ListMovies.CreateList%%o<ListMovies>b
dlgProgress.dlgProgress.thrProgress_Run%%o<dlgProgress.dlgProgress>o<Thread>
Delegate.IM_Invoke%%o<Thread>
AddHandler.Stub.0%%
threadRun
CooperativeThread

upon opening Sad
@Stevenlr: You might want to try 'resetting' the app by throwing away the preferences from here:
/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.plist

And possibly the application support .xml files from:
/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Application Support/ViMediaManager
is there any chance in hell that movies in RAR files will be included .. ??
Maybe a snowball's chance. ^^
^^ so thats o defiantly a "NO"
Pretty much, though if I can help it, I may in the future make ViMM do the 'unrarring' and cleaning up afterwards.
Thanks for all the nightly builds - and all the work you're doing.

Here is my confusion... I know there used to be support for renaming movies that had multiple parts. However I can not find the propper naming scheme for that.

So if I have:

Movies
-> My.great.movie.(2013)
--> movie-a.avi
--> movie-b.avi
--> movie-c.avi

When I rename I would get:
Movies
-> My.great.movie.(2013)
--> movie.avi
--> movie-b.avi
--> movie-c.avi