• 127(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
Thank you very much, that was totally it. Fanart.tv was disabled on the services settings.

Since I'm here, let me ask a couple questions:

1. Most of my folders are just "movie name". I have updated VMM settings so it renames the folder to "movie name (year)".
Is there a way to do it without losing the custom folder.jpg I already have? (I don't mind the nfo files, watched status nor anything, is just that I have hand picked a few movies posters so I just don't wanna lose them).

2. As you said to @MarkusK, VMM already downloads all the info XBMC needs, so how exactly do I make XBMC use the local files? I have installed the "artwork downloader" (XBMC > addons > programs) and selected "use local files" on it's settings, is this it?

Thank you guys again. Cheers.
1. I don't know if it would try to rename the 'folder.jpg' image in the first place on a mass-rename action, but just in case, you can probably do this by going into the 'General' preferences and select to 'rename & move' only 'Folders' before selecting 'Rename > all/selection' from the 'Tools' menu.

2. I believe so, at least to enable 'extra art' support such as logo's, clearart and the like, if i'm not mistaken.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Hi,

i have a question about the processing of tv show actors:

I have set the option that the complete cast should be downloaded and therefore in the tvshow.nfo all actors are listed. I think the actors originate from IMDB in this case (e.g. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367279/full...cl_sm#cast) - is this correct?

I would have thought, that the process for every single tv show episode is similar but in the corresponding episode NFO files i didn't find any actors defined, but only "guest stars" which seem to originate from TVDB (e.g. http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid...5852&lid=7). Actually i thought that for every single episode the corresponding actors (e.g. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0515211/full...cl_sm#cast) would be inserted into the episode nfo file - why isn't this the case?

The consequence of this is, that XBMC assigns the full tv show cast (which means every actor, which plays in at least one episode in a show) to every single episode - which bloats my library enormously and doesn't make that much sense if you ask me. Is this the intended behaviour?
1. Correct

2. In short, it was to reduce time consumption greatly.
I removed actors from tv episodes because Law & Order is such a long running show that it's cast has become HUGE, and I think ViMM would copy the ENTIRE show cast list for every episode into the episode guide, making that file HUGE and way too large to load, the episodeguide.json is now about 351KB, using the entire cast it became 20+ MB, which took maybe 10 minutes+ to load when opening the episode manager, if it wouldn't just get stuck. So I decided to cut it entirely at the time, at least until I might find a way to handle this better.
And I probably used the entire show's cast for episodes rather then episode cast, because making a new connection to IMDb for every episode takes up a lot of time as well. a few seconds per episode runs up to several minutes for an entire show rather quickly, imagine waiting maybe half an hour for Law & Order to download all the cast information for every episode ever, or the Simpsons that's been running forever as well.

So it might either be bloat ViMM's library or bloat XBMC's apparently, though ViMM probably takes a bigger hit in time consumption to download and load the information, while XBMC seems to handle this more smoothly,

So it's not exactly intended and far from ideal, and I'm still hoping on finding a better way to store this information on ViMM's end, while balancing it with the time consumption of downloading that much information.
Funny things happening tonight. Program keeps freezing while reading information for the episode guides. Stuck on Top Gear specifically. Also refreshed the show status for The Walking Dead and it removed all of the previous information it had on the show. Strange..

If have to force quit the program because it just goes off into lala land...

Any suggestions?
If strange things started happening all of a sudden while it worked correctly before, maybe you could try again later. or see what happens after a complete restart.
(2014-02-18, 12:43)MariusTh86 Wrote: If strange things started happening all of a sudden while it worked correctly before, maybe you could try again later. or see what happens after a complete restart.

Yep, waited for a bit and rebooted the system. Everything works now. Thanks!
I just noticed that the movie listing on the left, movies have a subtle shading in what looks like maybe four different colors. What information have I been missing there?
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
There should be only 3 Colours, alternating white and light blue, like in the Finder's list view and iTunes, and sometimes red if you've already watched a movie. Wink
Ok...and this is perhaps just me but any way to change it so it doesn't automatically d/l a .jpg and .nfo file for episodes? I'm not entirely sure its needed under my settings...just a weird little thing
Hi there, I seem to be having another issue with file not auto-moving...

Parks.and.Recreation.s06e01-e02.mkv

It doesn't auto-rename, and doesn't auto-move to the "Season 06" sub-folder

Also s06e13 automatically got its .jpg and .nfo however did not get moved to the folder

Eps s06e14 and s06e15 did get moved!

so why not 01-02 and 13?
Try renaming s06e01-02 to S06E01E02 without the dash.

If something doesn't get moved, i think it might either be because the file was in use by something else, or there's already something at it's destination.
If it was in use by finder/quicklook, it may be possible to try again later.
I have restarted the Mac a few times (to ensure nothing is "in use") and the files still don't get moved. It's only these particular episodes!

I have tried

S06E01E02
S06e01e02
s06e01e02
S06E01-E02
s06e01-e02

none of them work, they don't get the .nfo or .jpg and they don't get moved

S06E13 does get the .jpg and the .nfo but it is not moved and it is not renamed (It still has the "RANDOMTXT" file suffix that was already there...)

EDIT:

I've also noticed that if I do a full "Fetch Metadata" on the show, the program shows "Last = S06E06" as though it doesn't know that the last-screened episode was Ep15? (or 16?) either way Ep6 is a long time ago and the app doesn't seem to know that the show has gone much further than S06E06...
Update!

S06E01E02 has worked but it only moved when I did "Update New Episodes" for all shows, rather than just the single show

ep S06E13 still hasn't moved though?

Why would that be?
I can only think that ViMM somehow doesn't get the permission to move it, maybe because of some read/write protection.
  • 127(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19