Mac OS X - ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 4.69 Average
MariusTh86 Offline
Posting Freak
@SophT: I've added the TimeOut option to ViMM's interface in the latest debug build, you can find it under 'Preferences' > 'Extras'
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

Creator of:
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for Mac OS X!
ViMediaInfo: User friendly media file information.
YouTubeDL: Simple Youtube downloader for Mac/Win/Lin.
find quote
MariusTh86 Offline
Posting Freak
The RottenTomatoes API should work again, however 'criticus consensus' seems to have been scrapped by the people from rotten tomatoes. Sad

Creator of:
find quote
Woody86 Offline
Hi guys, I'm a new user and looking for some help.

Is there a way to change the preferences such the sort title doesn't put ", the" at the end of the name. For example, I would prefer the sort title to be "The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty" not "Secret Life Of Walter Mitty, The".

A way to automate this would be appreciated as opposed to going through 500+ movies individually to edit the metadata.
find quote
Glorious1 Offline
I think most systems make the effort to skip the "The" so you don't have 60% of your movies (just guessing) starting with that. That makes an alphabetical sort more useful.

XBMC 13.1 "Gotham" * ViMediaManager
Mac mini late 2012, OSX 10.9.1
(optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV)
Logitech Harmony 880 / Bluetooth keyboard
(This post was last modified: 2014-07-16 04:13 by Glorious1.)
find quote
MariusTh86 Offline
Posting Freak
The 'Sort name' is there to make sure media files are correctly alphabetised by the first true name or word rather than by the article "The ", "A ", "An " in XBMC.

For renaming files and/or folder purposes, if you want ViMM to use the title rather then the sort title, use "$T" instead of "$S", and you can click the question mark button next to the renaming pattern fields for more options.

Creator of:
(This post was last modified: 2014-07-16 10:40 by MariusTh86.)
find quote
hadees Offline
Can you add an option to not delete Genre and Tags when you update the metadata? Or is that already possible? I have my own tags which aren't being downloaded and it's a pain if they get deleted.
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 06:01 by hadees.)
find quote
MariusTh86 Offline
Posting Freak
Using the 'Update Metadata' button or menu item should save the current item's title, sorttitle, originaltitle, tagline, sets/order, RipSource, genres & tags before downloading new information.

Edit: It seems the previous genres/tags don't get properly saved for no apparent reason, so i'll be looking into this issue.

Creator of:
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 17:04 by MariusTh86.)
find quote
theowiesengrund Offline
When i update the episodes for a tv show (for example via "Update Metadata - Episodes" when the show is highlighted) only the EpisodeGuide.json is updated, but not the already existing NFO files for the episodes (timestamp is still the old one, as the ratings are within the NFO file). This isn't the correct behaviour, if i'm not misunderstanding the documentation, right?
find quote
MariusTh86 Offline
Posting Freak
@theowiesengrund: Currently, the 'Update Metadata' > 'Episodes' and 'New Episodes' share a lot of the same code, including a bit where it checks to see if a video file already has a .nfo file AND a thumb file, and that it will continue on to the next episode without modifying the existing one if both exist.

So technically, it's working as it was designed to do, and I believe that the documentation doesn't actually mention that it'll re-write existing .nfo files, so it should be technically correct as well. But I can't say that my designs are perfect yet.

The episodes manager and information fetcher still need a lot of work, for example, ViMM doesn't actually use the episode's .nfo file after it has written it, i've been using the episode guide for almost everything, and now the only way ViMM knows whether it has the correct episode file is when the filename contains the season number and episode number and ViMM is able to filter and match it correctly to the episode guide, which rather limits my options in cases where people might want to use the DVD ordering or absolute ordering system.

But now that i've learned my lesson, i'll know to do things rather differently the next time I re-write this part. ;-)

Creator of:
find quote
capfuturo Offline
Fan
(2014-06-09 23:29)MariusTh86 Wrote:  @capfuturo:
5) I just removed the adding of a dash from Blu-Ray and HD-DVD recognition, and added forgotten VHS recognition.
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

6) It was made for '[EXTENDED]' versions, tags such as yours, and japanese romaji names, so you're welcome. ;-)

Awesome! Good that you added the VHS since I believe we all have to a certain extend material that was only released in VHS or home videos or similar quality even if digital.

Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
find quote