• 134(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
I'm slightly apprehensive of it since only the main window is working, but for the absolutely dauntless I've uploaded a quicklook version.

Notes:
• The 'default' theme is still a blank because i'm still trying to think of one, so you'll have to open the 'Preferences' > 'General' tab and switch themes to be able to see anything.
• If you have knowledge of HTML/CSS, I've also uploaded a few sample themes and i'd encourage you to start making your own! if it's good i'd love to include it with ViMM.
•To install 'custom' themes, go to ViMM's application support folder at:
/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Application Support/ViMediaManager/
Just drop the folder with at the very least an index.html, or movie.html, tvshow.html & anime.html inside the 'Themes' folder and (re)open the preferences window.
• I haven't included a bug reporter yet, so you'd have to send those manually.

https://www.mediafire.com/?w6kirc1orlaig
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Hi,
Let me start of by saying that dude, you have made one brilliant software. It has literally shaved off weeks (if not months) off my categorisation. I just got my hands on it and I wondered where the hell have I been (seeing that you debuted this software years ago) I have just started renaming my 3 Tb movie library.
But I have run into a weird problem. I have successfully renamed around a Tb of films with the configuration of "$S ($Y) [$D]" and things couldn't have been smoother, today I tried to push my luck and got even more precise with the renaming and added $R to the renaming string making it "$S ($Y) [$D/$R]" That didn't work out for some reason. (I'm guessing "/" isn't supported). But to my horror, I can't roll back to the earlier configuration. And since I had checked "Keep my Folder Organized" My entire library has lost the Video source string.
Any idea what I can do? I've tried
- going back to original config - "$S ($Y) [$D]"
- Removing the preference files via Appcleaner
- Reinstalling the app
- Redownloading and reinstalling the app.

But it does not add back the Video source on my folders..
Any help would be appreciated.
Not sure this will help, but it doesn't appear you completely reset the app per the user guide:

Reset preferences
It may occasionally be necessary to reset your preferences to resolve an issue. To do this,
close the program and delete the following file:
Code:
/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.plist
The file will be recreated when ViMM is restarted.
Reset application
To completely reset the application to factory-fresh condition, in addition to discarding your preferences
file as described above, also trash (but save your ‘Studios’ folder if you made one):
Code:
/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/ViMediaManager
Uninstall
Remove the two items above and the application itself. That’s it!

I hadn't noticed $D as a naming variable - is that the video source you're referring to?
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
For resetting ViMM on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, follow the steps in this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1542973

I'm assuming you mean the DVD/Blu-Ray tag, the Finder doesn't have much trouble with the "/" character, but it might not have liked the ":" character if it tried to use something like "2.39:1".

ViMM finds the source trough the file name initially, and should save that information in the .nfo file in the 'videosource' tag, but it might forget the video source later if you try to re-scrape information and the video file doesn't have a source defined in its filename.

If ViMM doesn't rename your files using the source tag anymore, you should check and see in the metadata editor > 'Information' tab at the bottom left to see if the source tag is filled in properly, or search for the 'videosource' tag inside the .nfo file to see if it's still there, if it's not, you might have to manually re-add them...
Thanks a lot for the immediate response guys.
Firstly, uninstalled as mentioned by Glorius1 and MariusTh86. (btw, am running Lion)
Secondly, yeah, I mean the video source tag such as DVD/Blu-Ray.
Thirdly, I tried manually adding the resolution to the finder name i.e. 1080p, 720p, etc. and have it read back in but, nope. its not working out. It wrecked even more of my folder/file names (i.e. remove the video source tag from the folder/file names) Have tried the clean command (all) Update metadata, physically searched and nuked the nfo files. No avail.
- Am working off a trial folder with a 10-12 films of various kinds just to see if its any good.
Also, In the list of films (the panel on the left hand side) and the main window, it shows me the resolution, i.e. 1080p, 720p, etc. but, IT DOES NOT ADD it to the file name. Have tried various combinations (such as "$S ($Y) [$D] $R" "$R $S ($Y) [$D]" "$S $R ($Y) [$D]" but stubbornly the resolution does not come in the filenames like ViMM is pissed with me or something..
Hope you can shed some light on the situation.
For the DVD/Blu-Ray source, you need to add 'DVD' or 'BluRay' to the filename and then probably rescrape the information, 1080p/720p should be picked up through 'mediainfo' from the media file itself.
MariusTh86,
Thank you for your support.
Learnt a few things about the software
- The renaming occurs perfectly on the "First" sweep.
- Recursive renaming (or re-renaming) only reiterates metadata as "$S ($Y)" Removing the "$D" or the "$R" tags.
I had assumed that since the whole software works on metadata, tags and .nfo files recursively renaming would work accurately. Which does not seem to be the case.

I really hope you get the time to add this feature in the near future.
Thank you again. Will be more careful with the renaming in the future.

Glorious1,
The app, Appcleaner actually finds and moves to trash, the files and folders mentioned in the link by MariusTh86, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid…pid1542973 , automatically
Thank you for your inputs..

(2014-08-07, 17:13)Glorious1 Wrote: Not sure this will help, but it doesn't appear you completely reset the app per the user guide:

Reset preferences
It may occasionally be necessary to reset your preferences to resolve an issue. To do this,
close the program and delete the following file:
Code:
/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.plist
The file will be recreated when ViMM is restarted.
Reset application
To completely reset the application to factory-fresh condition, in addition to discarding your preferences
file as described above, also trash (but save your ‘Studios’ folder if you made one):
Code:
/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/ViMediaManager
Uninstall
Remove the two items above and the application itself. That’s it!

I hadn't noticed $D as a naming variable - is that the video source you're referring to?
(2014-07-22, 16:47)MariusTh86 Wrote: Using the 'Update Metadata' button or menu item should save the current item's title, sorttitle, originaltitle, tagline, sets/order, RipSource, genres & tags before downloading new information.

Edit: It seems the previous genres/tags don't get properly saved for no apparent reason, so i'll be looking into this issue.

Is there a build with the fix available? Or can I track the issue on github? Thanks!
Sorry for the wait, the first time I tried to get my head around this, some odd issue kept popping up, but I finally figured out how to fix it.

Try the latest debug build and let me know how it goes:
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et
Is there a way to manually rename a show's folder, or how it's sorted? The new show "A to Z" is getting changed to "to Z, A" which doesn't work in this case.
In ViMM you can open the 'View' Menu, scroll down to 'Sort By' and choose either ascending or descending for sort order. (A to Z or Z to A) or you can pick to sort by "sort title" and other options.
hi there,

is there an option to automatically just download the actor thumbs?
i accidentally deleted all folders of the actors thumbs and i don't want to scrape each movie again.

thx
Technically not, but you might get away with 'updating' all your movies' metadata.
(2014-08-20, 20:53)MariusTh86 Wrote: In ViMM you can open the 'View' Menu, scroll down to 'Sort By' and choose either ascending or descending for sort order. (A to Z or Z to A) or you can pick to sort by "sort title" and other options.

I meant when it renames your files and folders.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftqh981jyxjkke....31.32.png
It puts all the 'the's and 'a's at the end, which is great, but I don't want that for this show. Is there a way to manually set that?
You can use the 'title' instead of 'sort title' by opening the 'Preferences' window, selecting the 'movies' or 'tv shows' tab, and replacing the "$S" with a "$T" in the 'Folder/File Renaming Pattern" fields.
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19