ViMediaManager is a media manager for Mac OS X, allowing you to gather, store, and manage information, extra art, trailers and television tunes for your movie, television and anime collections, and can be used on it’s own, or in combination with XBMC, YAMJ or Boxee.
This is my try at building a media manager for Mac OS, since the Mac platform has been seriously lacking any good apps in this department, and I felt like filling that hole, keeping in mind the Mac's passion for ease-of-use while still building a very powerful program with a really clean user interface.
Latest release: ViMediaManager v0.7α11 (July 31, 2013) (Anime section isn't ready yet)
Requirements: Intel Mac OS X 10.5 and an active internet connection.
With ViMediaManager you can:
- Manage your movie, television and anime collections.
- Download media metadata from TheMovieDB.org, IMDb.com, TheTVDB.com, RottenTomatoes.com and AniDB.net in your language*.
- Get trailers, posters, fanart, banners, clearart, character art, disc art, logo’s, thumbnails, extra thumbs, extra fanart, trailers & theme songs for your movies and series from the aforementioned sources, Youtube.com, HD-Trailers.net, televisiontunes.com and Fanart.tv.
- Create or update NFO metadata files. NFO metadata can be edited within the application and the file is saved with the media.
- Extra art chooser for downloading and choosing images to use for posters, backdrops, etc.
- Extra media chooser for downloading trailers and television tunes.
- Shows television and anime airing status, and next episode air date information thanks to TVRage.com.
- A feature-rich episodes manager that displays all known television and anime episodes, allowing you to keep track of which episodes you've already watched, and to edit and save NFO metadata with the episode files.
- Set manager for creating and editing movie sets/collections.
- Automatically rename files and folders according to highly customisable preferences.
- Keep your collections clean and organised.
- Find more to watch with recommendations from RottenTomatoes.com, TheMovieDB.org and IMDb.com.
- …and more!
* Local language only available on items for which the respective database provides localised information.
Official website: http://mariusth.heliohost.org/vimediamanager/
Intel version: ViMediaManager v0.7a11
Old release: ViMediaManager v0.5.4.dmg (Sep 3, 2012)
ViMediaInfo: ViMediaInfo.zip - Just a quick GUI app for mediainfo I made to show any video file's information in a user friendly display.
YouTubeDL: YouTubeDL.zip - A simple Youtube downloader.
- User Manual
- Roadmap & Ideas
- Nightly releases
- Nightly releases RSS Feed
- Nightly notes & translation tools
- Unstable debug releases
Frequently Asked Questions?
If you have any questions that aren't answered below, found bugs or have feature requests, feel free to make a post in this thread, or send me an email at email@example.com.
How do I do this? or how do I use that?
Thanks to Jim Worrall, we now have a User Manual!
If you still have questions after reading that, don't be afraid to ask!
Some of my movies aren't showing up in the list, what's up with that?
ViMediaManager needs your files to be in a certain structure to be able to work with them:
Movies Root Folder
- - Movie Title Folder
- - - - Movie File
- - Movie Title Folder
- - - - Movie File
But don't worry, you won't have to restructure your movies by hand, just select the 'Tools' menu and choose the 'Put Movies Into Folders' option, which will automatically place all movie files it finds in the 'root' folder inside their own folders.
Does your app show studio/network logo's?
Yes it does, but you'll have to download them separately from this thread: (or similar threads)
Once you've downloaded these, navigate to:
The app doesn't start or shows some very abnormal behavior, how can I reset the application?
You can reset the app by removing the preferences files which are located here:
For ViMediaManager v0.5.x:
For ViMediaManager v0.6.x and up:
And the application support folder can be found here: (or just the XML files directly within this folder)
Throwing away these items into the trash will reset the app to it's 'factory' settings.