• 6(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
MariusTh86 Wrote:You're not missing something, my app doesn't show episodes yet, and technically it doesn't identify episodes themselves yet, instead it loads a guide URL when you fetch a tvshow's data that tells XBMC where to get tv show data.
I'm planning to add episode support in a future release, as soon as I figure out how to do it. Wink

maybe you can get some ideas from the ember media manager? the seasons/episode function there is pretty nice - but only on windows Tongue
I installed this yesterday and looked at it briefly. Is there any way to manually add the "source" (DVD, HDTV, Blu-ray etc) if the file isnt named correctly. Ember have this option and its nice to have if needed.

Would also love to see information regarding audio formats, aspect ratio, studio and more.
NiklasK Wrote:I installed this yesterday and looked at it briefly. Is there any way to manually add the "source" (DVD, HDTV, Blu-ray etc) if the file isnt named correctly. Ember have this option and its nice to have if needed.

Would also love to see information regarding audio formats, aspect ratio, studio and more.

It's already doing studio information, but the rest is on my ToDo list. ^^
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Great work Marius.

Like many other Mac users I've been struggling with using; Wine, Virtual Machines & Boot Camp Windows just to use the other Media Manager apps. It's great to finally have a Mac friendly one in development.

It works well and I'm looking forward to seeing it evolve.

I know it's a bit of extra work for you in the short term but posting a rough roadmap as well as a known bug list in your OP would go a long way toward reducing duplicate reports/requests in the forum here (long term hassle reduction for you then maybe).

Anyway, it's all working beta) smoothly for me.

Thanks.
Thanks Demosthien!

It's a very rough roadmap, and actually more of an idea list for now, but I might as well add it if people are interested.
MariusTh86 Wrote:Thank you for your thorough testing, I'll have a look at it as soon as possible!

Edit:
Maybe you can tell me the show/movie name that uses this tag?

No problem: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

And I don't even mind removing them, or having those tags removed, I'm just hoping you can catch the issue better so at least the program tells you what's wrong and then keeps going without crashing ;)

Thanks again for the program and the fast responses. I was getting bummed that nothing nice like this existed for the mac.
This is by far the best Media Manager on Mac i saw.

Thanks a lot for that!

Two wishes for your list:

1. SETS Support. with a nice popup to put all the movies in their sets.

2. Maybe a way to print a movies list. A small list with only the title and year, one with poster and title. maybe a complete Posterpage with all movies on and a big list with posters, title and info.

(If you need a nice layout maybe i can help ;-) )
i814u2 Wrote:No problem: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

And I don't even mind removing them, or having those tags removed, I'm just hoping you can catch the issue better so at least the program tells you what's wrong and then keeps going without crashing Wink

Thanks again for the program and the fast responses. I was getting bummed that nothing nice like this existed for the mac.

In the next beta, i'll have build in a link filter that filters out the <a> tag so it won't crash thinking it's reading a malformed XML file, which is probably because the link was not inside quotes. (It should have been <a href="thelink"> instead of <a href=thelink> )

And you're welcome! I love the feedback with which I can make ViMM even better and fix it's bugs! Big Grin

Macsorzist Wrote:This is by far the best Media Manager on Mac i saw.

Thanks a lot for that!

Two wishes for your list:

1. SETS Support. with a nice popup to put all the movies in their sets.

2. Maybe a way to print a movies list. A small list with only the title and year, one with poster and title. maybe a complete Posterpage with all movies on and a big list with posters, title and info.

(If you need a nice layout maybe i can help ;-) )

1. SETS is definitely a planned feature before v1.0 ^^
2. I've been thinking about making a HTML website exporter, preferably user customizable.
I think Ember had something similar. But i'll be working on the more important features first.
Released Beta 7!

* [New] Added TVRage ID when scraping shows.
* [New] Added CharacterArt support in edit metadata windows.
* [New] Added support for "Hiatus" status. Any shows that won't be shows in the next 14 days is classified as in hiatus either when fetching metadata or updating status.
* [Fix] Filter links from plots to avoid crashing.
* [Fix] Better name filtering for '(720p)', '(1080p)' and '-rip'.
Thanks for your fast answers. And good work with your updates.

Very promising.

Another question. is there a way to use other scrapers?
Specially this one http://github.com/Eisbahn/IMDb_de-Scraper/zipball/3.0.5
cause its the best for german content.

Macs
I'm currently using an unofficial API for IMDB scraping: http://www.imdbapi.com/
Which isn't perfect since it only works in english, and I think that it doesn't get all the information that IMDb has to offer.
So I welcome another API if there's a better one or a better way to get information from IMDb, but for now I'll be using the unofficial API.

The MovieDB does generally have a wealth of information available for scraping and is generally multi-language capable.
Thx for the update Big Grin It's almost fully working for me now.

It's the same issue I had with 720p & 1080p but this time for DVD-Rip & BR/BD-Rip movies.

example:

"The Rocketeer (1991) (DVD-Rip)" becomes "The Rocketeer (1991) ()" which causes it to go over to a manual lookup. So the "()" has to get removed in the end for it to work properly.

My 720p & 1080p movies are already done and the results look pleasing Big Grin Just going over the results now to see what was mismatched.

--- another issue (but I can live with it, especially since it's beta :p):
I have 1100+ movies on a NAS. The problem I have is that it takes a long time until the window becomes responsive after doing a simple operation (about a minute for me).

Events after which I assume a full refresh is done:
* Closing the preferences (even while nothing has changed)
* Editing the movie through the info panel and saving
* Scraping a single movie

Is there a way to not having to refresh all the movies for these simple operations? It would increase performance nicely. Perhaps you could update the list on the left to only impact the movie that was modified?
SpoBo Wrote:Thx for the update Big Grin It's almost fully working for me now.

It's the same issue I had with 720p & 1080p but this time for DVD-Rip & BR/BD-Rip movies.

example:

"The Rocketeer (1991) (DVD-Rip)" becomes "The Rocketeer (1991) ()" which causes it to go over to a manual lookup. So the "()" has to get removed in the end for it to work properly.

My 720p & 1080p movies are already done and the results look pleasing Big Grin Just going over the results now to see what was mismatched.

--- another issue (but I can live with it, especially since it's beta :p):
I have 1100+ movies on a NAS. The problem I have is that it takes a long time until the window becomes responsive after doing a simple operation (about a minute for me).

Events after which I assume a full refresh is done:
* Closing the preferences (even while nothing has changed)
* Editing the movie through the info panel and saving
* Scraping a single movie

Is there a way to not having to refresh all the movies for these simple operations? It would increase performance nicely. Perhaps you could update the list on the left to only impact the movie that was modified?

I'll make sure that it will filter '()' as well!
I'll really have to find ways to improve the speed and efficiency when updating the lists… and I'll keep looking into it.
But I'm glad that I don't hear anything about sudden crashes anymore so far Wink
MariusTh86 Wrote:I'll make sure that it will filter '()' as well!
I'll really have to find ways to improve the speed and efficiency when updating the lists… and I'll keep looking into it.
But I'm glad that I don't hear anything about sudden crashes anymore so far Wink
Thx! No crashes to report from me either Smile
It crashes on startup every time I add my Movies folder.

Crash log is at http://pastebin.com/DEbVTw32 and the com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager.xml is at http://pastebin.com/kdKvwics.

The media1 filesystem is mounted over NFS from a Drobo FS.

The screenshots look really nice — but that's all I get to see of most of the program…

(Incidentally, right-clicking on the toolbar does nothing. As I usually set toolbars to small icons, this is a bit of an annoyance — I'd also like to be able to customise the layout. Bit of a lower priority request than the crash, though Wink)
Thanks!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19