• 9(current)
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!
If there are any movie files in your movies folder, it should put them inside folders.
But if there are only folders in there, it won't be doing anything.

I'll have a look into that NIL exception error, but try starting up the app while holding the Alt key to see if it still gives an error.
ViMediaManager - The Best Media Manager for macOS
Crash on start up, closed normally yesterday.

http://pastebin.com/MZVGksm8

EDIT: ALT-click starts app without a crash.
EDIT2: Updated to B9 - same problem, same solution (ALT)

PROBLEM FOUND: TVShows folder was not available for some reason. I had to open it up from Synology web interface and it got available in Finder afterwards.

Please consider:
1. starting up app
2. check for folder availability
3. folders scan - hash/MD5 check for foldername changes (BTW app will/may crash if it's open and you change movie folder name in Finder)
4. processing images
5. parsing xmls

Hope this helps. Thanks.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I think it will help, thanks!

It should have checked for paths to excises before adding them to the list, or show a viable alternative by pulling up the preferences and telling you that a folder was missing.
Maybe splitting the adding to the list and adding the NFO codes interfered.
More info about this issue.

Tried it on another pc, share was not mounted so it reported that Movies folder is not available. When I mounted it app did not recognize the change and kept reporting missing folder. Restarted app and ended with small fanart issue (reported earlier). Waited a while and restarted - got it to work.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hello there,

I'm having an issue on my macbook, the thumbs on the lower right are being cropped and not showing right (see pic)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, would it be possible if you used the ~/Library/Application Support/ViMemiaManager to put the db and all the files the app uses? It would be easier to maintain db, studio logos, etc in the future.

Thanks for this wonderful app,

Zenshi.
ok, some news from me :-)

b9 works now with NAS ! even without hitting ALT.

Found a bug though. If the movie is in a Movie Set , i get "File not Found"

hope this helps

Cheers

DrP
Still converts (BR-Rip) in the name to (br) :x

But most of my library is scanned now. Thx! Smile Will be using this app once in a while to update my library.
Hi Marius.
Just to say that I'm checking this thread almost every day. Keep at good work...
P.S.
Can you ask your Paypal support why my country is not listed on your donation site.
@Zenshi:
I believe the app is mistakenly thinking that the general preview area with all the images, is longer then the window allows and is falling off.
You can try and reset this by removing the preferences in
‘~/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager.xml
Let me know if it's still a problem after resetting the preferences.

You can already put your studio logos in a folder called “Studios” by creating the ViMediaManager folder in Application Support, and it will be accepted by ViMM.
I’m thinking of saving the lists to some sort of database in the future to see if I can speed things up, but currently all I’ve got for external files are the studio logo’s.

@DrPepper:
Thanks for telling me that, I think I found what I did wrong there, let me know if it still says that in the next beta.

@SpoBo:
Added BR-RIP to the list next to -RIP and some other possible naming conventions, it’ll be in the next beta

@Smilenkovski:
Thank you! I also check the thread every day, and get emails whenever a new post is made so I can try to fix bugs as quick as they come in. Wink
I’m not sure why paypal doesn’t list your country, I just made use of their general button generation page:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_...ro-outside
So i’m not sure about how it works, or if it works for countries outside my own? ^^;
With an anime movie i'm indexing, I also get the NIL exception error when viMediaManger trys to get TMDB info.

But if create an empty Moviename.nfo it will succeed.

eq when I ceate an empty Akira.nfo

Seems your using an object of the file and expecting it to exist instead of creating the file if it not exist.

I'm also a Developer (its my Job), Though more developing in Windows .Net, just started with Objective-C. to also try and create a Media Manager voor osx. At home I use an Imac. but then saw your project thought wow somebody is trying it already. so if you need help, i'm glad to help. still learing Objective-C

(iedergeval top bezig :Laugh)
Meteorite Wrote:With an anime movie i'm indexing, I also get the NIL exception error when viMediaManger trys to get TMDB info.

But if create an empty Moviename.nfo it will succeed.

eq when I ceate an empty Akira.nfo

Seems your using an object of the file and expecting it to exist instead of creating the file if it not exist.

I'm also a Developer (its my Job), Though more developing in Windows .Net, just started with Objective-C. to also try and create a Media Manager voor osx. At home I use an Imac. but then saw your project thought wow somebody is trying it already. so if you need help, i'm glad to help. still learing Objective-C

(iedergeval top bezig :Laugh)

It's nice to meat another developer. ^^
ViMM is actually written in REALStudio in the 'BASIC' language, I think that was a close match to the .Net language, but produces native apps.
I don't know any Objective-C yet, but I hope someday I will. Wink

And you were right, it's trying to use a non existing folderitem when there are no folder items existing, I don't know why I did that.
I should have a fix for that when I release the next beta.
Hey Marius,

Deleting the preferences xml worked, it now displays the images properly.

This is happening a few times when fetching metadata for a movie... (see pic)

Also, is it possible to add the ability to have the nfo saved as movie.nfo instead of <the_movie_name>.nfo?

As for the sorting by status on tv shows, I think it would be better to sort by continuing (green), hiatus (yellow) and then ended (red), instead of the way it is now (green, red, yellow)

Thanks and keep up the good work,

Zenshi.
Zenshi Wrote:Hey Marius,

Deleting the preferences xml worked, it now displays the images properly.

This is happening a few times when fetching metadata for a movie... (see pic)

Happened to me a couple of times, too. I love that <h3> tag :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

That's just themoviedb being unresponsive. Can't fault vimm for that. But ... would be nice of those errors would just queue up and be displayed at the end all at once when doing a full metadata scan for the library Smile That way you can simply let it run in the background :p
Most of my movies are in a single folder named Movies, with just a few being in their own individual folders (subfolders under Movies).
When I add the Movies folder, only those movies in subfolders show. The ones at the top level of the Movies folder don't.
Am I doing something wrong, or does the application only look at the subfolders?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X!19