Keymapping error?
I'm really loving XBMC. Got all the TVs in the house accessing files from the NAS. This thing is brilliant!

As you can tell from my username, I'm not overly familiar with Python. Despite that, I have tried to create myself a plugin. The plugin seems to work fine (on Linux and Windows) from the Video AddOns menu.

So I modified my Home.xml to launch the plugin. It works OK on Windows, but fails on Linux.

Here's the relevant section of the Home.XML
<item id="17">
<label>My AddOn</label>
<onclick>RunAddon("plugin.video.myaddon")</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg</icon>
</item>

Here's the message from xbmc.log on the Linux box:
11:39:56 T:3078690688 M:1610182656 ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'runaddon(plugin.video.myaddon)' defined

Any ideas on what I've done wrong?
a full Debug Log might provide some clues.

could it be you're using a nightly build on windows and dharma on linux?

iirc runaddon is not available in dharma.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
You're right. I did load the PVR binaries on my Windows box to check out the integration with MythTV. I had forgotten

So if RunAddon isn't available in Dharma, is there something else I could use?

Making the addon available without having to dig down through the submenus increases the WAF a lot.
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.myaddon&quot;)</onclick>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Awesome. That works great.

Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymapping error?1