How to add TV Shows to home screen
assuming you have content scanned into your library you need to check under what would probably be skin---skin settings---home window, at this point you should see for both TV and Movies an option that says something like, Hide Movies (videos library) make sure that is not checked, and do the same for TV.

Hope this helps.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Are you saying when you click TV Shows or Movies it opens in non-library mode? If so Just change what you have for TVShows and Movies to:
<item id="1">
<label>$LOCALIZE[342]</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles)</onclick>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(shutdownmenu)</onclick>
<visible>Library.HasContent(movies)</visible>
</item>
<item id="2">
<label>$LOCALIZE[31023]</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowtitles)</onclick>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(shutdownmenu)</onclick>
<visible>Library.HasContent(tvshows)</visible>
</item>
Ok, I finally got it where I want it. Edited XML is in the .rar file attached, (backup what you have first!)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20874532/XBMCXMLHomeScreen.rar
This modifies the Video Sub-menu to only show recently added items, and adds TV & Movies to the front page (opens in library mode), Games (Through Advanced Launcher), and Pseudo TV (Get pseudo TV addon and skin from this forum

Here's screenshots of the front page and recently added submenu (edited Video menu)
Thanks a lot, I have harvested some settings and now have what I want Smile

Thanks for helping everyone
Can the skin creator PLEASE add the *option* for us, even if he doesn't like it personally, just give use the OPTION.

or can somebody ELSE please just post the correct "HomeMenu.xml" file?
(I've tried following the steps in the thread and using jimmy's file to make my own, but can't get it to work properly)

All we need is instead of videos, have Movies and Series.
Keeper Wrote:Can the skin creator PLEASE add the *option* for us, even if he doesn't like it personally, just give use the OPTION.

or can somebody ELSE please just post the correct "HomeMenu.xml" file?
(I've tried following the steps in the thread and using jimmy's file to make my own, but can't get it to work properly)

All we need is instead of videos, have Movies and Series.

I agree. It would be great to have this option on the home screen itself.

And thanks for a great skin BTW! Smile
I agree too, this is by far the nicest skin in XBMC and the only gripe I have is pressing back several times to get back to the menu.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=886...count=1585

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add TV Shows to home screen0