ATV2 4.3 - 1080P/720P buffering
Hey all

I have recently purchased a new AppleTV2 after hearing loads and loads of positive comments. XBMC on such a tiny and cheap media-player seemed like an awesome deal.

It came with the 4.3 firmware installed and I have jail-broken it with seasonpass. But I somehow can't get XBMC to run properly it seems.

I heard from colleagues, who have 4.2.1 installed with the latest stable XBMC, and they don't have as many problems as I seem to have. It just keeps buffering and buffering when I am playing high-def content. It's about 16 times with probably about a 7 minute interval in between on a 720P movie encoded with x264 @ 1:30hours of playtime. And about 2 times that on 1080P with about the same specs.

I am running the nightly from the 5th of September and I have tested the network extensively and it is not the problem. It's hooked using ethernet Cat5e cabling over IPv4.

Does anyone else have these problems? Would downgrading the AppleTV be a solution?
HOW-TO post about a XBMC for iOS problem (AKA YOU MUST POST XBMC.LOG SO WE CAN HELP)

At the very least post the debug log.
had the same problem when i did the inlaws new ATV2 with 4.3, I just reinstalled with the xbmc-20110831-b7436bd-master-atv2.deb version and it was sorted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 4.3 - 1080P/720P buffering0