[ATV2] Easiest setup for databases?
I have a Mac with XBMC and an ATV2 with it as well and want them both in sync with the database method (been reading about it with a walkthrough here http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...-the-house)

The problem I have my media all on a 1TB AirDisk plugged into my Airpot Extreme Base Station which isn't really a server. Would there be any way to get the database to work as my main machine is the ATV2 and not my mac?
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
deanmv Wrote:I have a Mac with XBMC and an ATV2 with it as well and want them both in sync with the database method (been reading about it with a walkthrough here http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...-the-house)

The problem I have my media all on a 1TB AirDisk plugged into my Airpot Extreme Base Station which isn't really a server. Would there be any way to get the database to work as my main machine is the ATV2 and not my mac?

The database can be on your mac, it doesn't need to be on your "main" machine, can even be on a machine that doesn't have XBMC installed on it at all.
If you use a central database, it has to run separately from XBMC. You can run a mysql server on a NAS or PC/MAC which will serve the data to any XBMC you point at it.

XBMC will only act as a database client - not a server.
That says use it on the machine that is on most often though? I preferably want to put it on my AirDisk as that is always on but as it is just a hard drive that cannot work. Will put it on my Mac then and give it a go.

EDIT: Got it all set up now, and it is working great. Cheers of the input.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Hey deanmv, how did you go about setting up an sql server on your airdisk? I can't find much info on it. Thanks!
dockramer Wrote:Hey deanmv, how did you go about setting up an sql server on your airdisk? I can't find much info on it. Thanks!

Not possible

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] Easiest setup for databases?0