• 3(current)
QuickTimeBrowser
wow mouton you just never stop do you :d is there any way we could convince you to bullet proof the launch.com or ifilm scripts as well? :kickass:
who's the man?

mouton is!!

beautiful, so beautiful!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(kain @ april 04 2005,15:00 Wrote:wow mouton you just never stop do you :d is there any way we could convince you to bullet proof the launch.com or ifilm scripts as well? :kickass:
i work in xml. data-scrapping html file is very ugly and sad...
as i already said in another thread, a way i would be willing to work with would be if someone is willing to host data-scrapping php scripts that would be called by every user of xbmc, and those scripts would do the data-scrapping of the html pages, and produce xml data.
then, when the html pages changes, only the php scripts would have to be changed to produce the same xml.
that would work fine as long as websites don't ban the data scrapper's ip... though i'd guess that would happen often.
maybe we could create a 'pool' of hosts for the data scrapping scripts, and a central gateway could randomize access or something...

it might be a good idea to contact those websites and ask them if they would be willing to allow us to use their data in exchange for their logo on the script or something. but i don't see yahoo accepting such a proposal...
i assume the progressmeters are accurate :kickass:

then i have a request, would it be possible to include dl-speed in that dialog ?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(pike @ april 05 2005,14:43 Wrote:i assume the progressmeters are accurate :kickass:

then i have a request, would it be possible to include dl-speed in that dialog ?
i guess.
i'm actually reading the url using 52kb chunks atm. i'll probably need to reduce that to have a somehow accurate reading of the current speed. also, i'm not sure i can change the text of an already show()n dialogprogress. if not, then i'll probably put it at the bottom of the screen (where saving... shows up).

i'll also try to play with playing an incomplete file from the hd. ie allow save without having to wait for the whole file to finish downloading. ie stream and save. not sure if that's at all possible, but i'll try.
version 1.34

added speed meter

i tried every way possible to play a file while downloading it; it doesn't work.
- i tried to start the download, then start play(file) after a while: crashed.
- i tried to download the first part of the file, close the handle, start play(file), then continue the download and append it to the file on disk: crashed.
- i tried to download the file to q:\web and to play(http://127.0.0.1/file): crashed.

i give up.

*edit:
version 1.35
bug fixes...
a tiny bit off-topic, but i have added the updated script to xbmcscripts.com . hopefully soon you'll be able to update the script yourself, but as for now i will have to do it manually. great work by the way!
xbmcscripts.com administrator
(mouton @ april 06 2005,02:38 Wrote:version 1.34

added speed meter

i tried every way possible to play a file while downloading it; it doesn't work.
- i tried to start the download, then start play(file) after a while: crashed.
- i tried to download the first part of the file, close the handle, start play(file), then continue the download and append it to the file on disk: crashed.
- i tried to download the file to q:\web and to play(http://127.0.0.1/file): crashed.

i give up.

*edit:
version 1.35
bug fixes...
great work ones again!
tried your download function now.
it freezed on the first try, but when i restarted xbmc and tried again in worked.
anyway the script didn't even start with yesterday build. perhaps that's what jmarshallnz last fix is for.builded with that fix, the script works again.

http://home.no.net/thor918/xbmc/xbmc.html#changelog

good work.
(thor918 @ april 06 2005,15:37 Wrote:tried your download function now.
it freezed on the first try, but when i restarted xbmc and tried again in worked.
anyway the script didn't even start with yesterday build. perhaps that's what jmarshallnz last fix is for.builded with that fix, the script works again.

http://home.no.net/thor918/xbmc/xbmc.html#changelog

good work.
yes. that was a bug pike found and that i filled on sf.net, and jm fixed promptly. was broken for a couple hours only.
2 more suggestions Blush

change the speed-o-meter so it also respects teh time dimension. it would look nicer i think. btw, kbps ? thats k(ilo)b(ytes)p(er)s(econd). i assume you mean either kbps or kb/s

not much free room left Smile but maybe room enough to bring a button to search all ~1000 trailers ?

i can't copy over the ".ds_store" file in ...python\lib\_xmlplus. the ftp blocks me on that file. wtf?
is there a way to make this the default "movie trailer" program, so that it can be started from the main menu.

instead of "aqtbrowser.py", i have tried looking in the xml files, but i can't seem to find where i have to change it,.

thanx for your help...

snowatom
with cvs built after the 9th (using pm3 skin, which is now default), it's default in the popup menu. if it's the same in the build you download, i cannot guarantee

(mouton @ april 04 2005,16:57 Wrote:i work in xml. data-scrapping html file is very ugly and sad...
as i already said in another thread, a way i would be willing to work with would be if someone is willing to host data-scrapping php scripts that would be called by every user of xbmc, and those scripts would do the data-scrapping of the html pages, and produce xml data.
then, when the html pages changes, only the php scripts would have to be changed to produce the same xml.
that would work fine as long as websites don't ban the data scrapper's ip... though i'd guess that would happen often.
maybe we could create a 'pool' of hosts for the data scrapping scripts, and a central gateway could randomize access or something...

it might be a good idea to contact those websites and ask them if they would be willing to allow us to use their data in exchange for their logo on the script or something. but i don't see yahoo accepting such a proposal...

although html scraping is not really a preferred method, a different thinking pattern though: provide the scraping patterns or xmldom processing via one or 2 remote hosts (database filled with patterns and other data that is needed), there are several advantages: everyone can contribute, scraping patterns are centralized and no host will be banned Wink

anyway it is time that streaming feeds become available in huge xml lists  :o
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QuickTimeBrowser0