• 5(current)
QuickTimeBrowser
nice, thanks Smile

got another one for ya, and its just done it right now. its my fault, i just didn't see it coming Blush

i set the temp_dir to the same as the download_dir (f:\\videos\\misc\\film trailers) basically so that it wouldn't have to do much moving of files after a download.

thing is, the script has wigged out and removed the temp_dir. dunno why, cos i was in the kitchen. anyhoo, i just lost all the trailers i'd downloaded cos my temp and download dirs where the same.

so, dont do what i did :oops:
(crashvoodoo @ april 23 2005,12:30 Wrote:nice, thanks Smile

got another one for ya, and its just done it right now.  its my fault, i just didn't see it coming Blush

i set the temp_dir to the same as the download_dir (f:\\videos\\misc\\film trailers) basically so that it wouldn't have to do much moving of files after a download.  

thing is, the script has wigged out and removed the temp_dir.  dunno why, cos i was in the kitchen.  anyhoo, i just lost all the trailers i'd downloaded cos my temp and download dirs where the same.

so, dont do what i did :oops:
well, as the name "temp_dir" implies, the directory is for temporary files. when temporary files are no longer needed, they are normally deleted.

for someone making a script, the easiest way to do the deleting is probably just to delete the folder used for temporary files. only a few lines of code are needed.
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
double post...
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
yeah i know that, its just it hadn't done it in over 15 downloads so i thot i was ok. then when it wigged, it nuked it.

never mind, sorted it out now :o
global loadedmovies
# x on controller or 1 on remote adds or remove favorites
if action == 18 or action == 59:

i know nothing about writing this script stuff but i do like tinkering and learning. here's my question. how does "18" and "59" correspond to "x" on the controller and "1" on the remote. i'm asking because i use an all in one remote that i have custom programmed to work with the xbmc ui. i don't have the "1" button mapped on it at all. i'd like to try assigning a different remote key to the "add or remove favorites" feature. if someone could point me in the right direction i'd really appreciate it.

by the way, to all those who deserve credit for this awesome script...job well done! i love having such a huge list to choose from. and since they are downloaded instead of cached there's no more stuttering!
thanks! :thumbsup:
nevermind. i just realized the script is just referencing assigned id tags located in the keymap.xml file. i should have looked there first. i just tried changing the id in quicktimebrowser and it worked. now i can assign it to whatever button i want. i love this stuff!! :d

:update:
it looks like you can only reference id tags listed under the "global" actions of the keymap.xml. just thought i'd add that tidbit of info.

also i thought i should point out that if you're using the original keymap.xml file and you have an xbox remote then your "display" button should also add/remove favorites in this script. it's already been assigned in the keymap.xml.
mmmm everyone is so much in love with this script... but i keep getting this odd problem, the script runs just fine but when updating, it isnt correct i cant see the newest trailers, there are some trailers but neither the newest of the exclusives are the same as on apple.com/trailers , they are all way older.. what is my problem and how can i fix this, using the latest quicktimebrowser and the 07/05/05 build
hi all, i'm a newb here and i'm trying to learn.

anyway, i just updated my xbox with quicktimebrowser 1.36a, after updating it and it goes into the movie trailer list screen, any key i hit will black out the screen. it appears to be a bug or something but a reboot will allow me back into the sceen. i updated the movie list (if it matters i selected "exclusive") and chose war of the worlds and large, something on screen flashes and then i'm back at the main screen. after doing this i can no longer select anything although can move the curser, i am unable to even go back to the xbmc home screen. so i reboot and try again but this time i choose the secong "large" option for war of the worlds, it works. after the preview i'm back at the browser screen, i try the first "large" option again, same thing, a box flashes and i'm back at the home screen where i can't select or go back.

i tried the third larger trailer and it does the same thing as the first (i was able to see what it said and it was, "looking for trailer url") or someting like that.

so i'm not sure what the issue is but it seems like when a trailer isn't available it kinda of stops working.

thanks for the hard work though!

oh and i just want to add that i'm not able to play the trailer again even after i let it save it's "data file". i am also unable to play more than one trailer without having to reboot.

any suggestions welcome.
quicktimebrowser is my love in xbmc, it's so great.
i want it more perfect.

1. in http://www.apple.com/trailers/ , a movie just like this.

fantastic four
fantastic four internet exclusive
fantastic four international trailer
fantastic four international internet exclusive

but in quicktimebrowser all above 4 ,will display

fantastic four
fantastic four
fantastic four
fantastic four

can fix this bug?

2. the hightlight bar in download & save not see it.

i love download and save !

3. the movie can use autoselect ? auto choice the best quality to download and replay?

# 3=fullscreen, 2=large, 1=medium, 0=small, -1=show dialog

if have 3 then 3 , or 2 ->1->0?

thx again
hi
is it normal that i only get around 200k when i download a trailer ?
i have a 3mbit connection
when i view a trailer on my computer i´m getting around 360k
i havent been able to find this if it exists, so help if it does exist. otherwise, is it possible to add a feature that allows you to queue up a load of trailers to download, so you can sit back and watch them at another point. perhaps if there was an option in favorites to download the latest trailers of everything in the favorites list.
mouton, looks like you abandoned the project ?
sure has been silent a long time though.

hope it wasn't because i got tired of saying "wow, nice work, you're the best" - 3 times a day ?

if you have abandoned it, ok if someone else picks it up ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(gamepc @ may 16 2005,01:11 Wrote:quicktimebrowser  is my love in xbmc, it's so great.
i want it more perfect.

1. in http://www.apple.com/trailers/ , a movie just like this.

fantastic four
fantastic four internet exclusive
fantastic four international trailer
fantastic four international internet exclusive

but in quicktimebrowser all above 4 ,will display

fantastic four
fantastic four
fantastic four
fantastic four

can fix this bug?

2. the hightlight bar in download & save not see it.

i love download and save !

3. the movie can use autoselect ? auto choice the best quality to download and replay?

# 3=fullscreen, 2=large, 1=medium, 0=small, -1=show dialog

if have 3 then 3 , or 2 ->1->0?

thx again
1. it doesn't take data from that url. it takes the itunes xml file and parse that. since in itunes, the different trailers are differentiated using images, and not text, the xml file doesn't have any of the titles you mention.
so the answer to your question is: no, we can't show the complete trailer titles, since they're not anywhere in the data we parse.

2. no idea what you mean.

3. it already does that. change the setting to 3 and it will do exactly that!
(dukie @ may 26 2005,10:29 Wrote:hi
is it normal that i only get around 200k when i download a trailer ?
i have a 3mbit connection
when i view a trailer on my computer i´m getting around 360k
normal, no. possible, yes, since your xbox isn't your pc, it's possible they would get different download performance, for a number of reasons, including cables, ethernet ports on your router / switch, etc.
(vs1979 @ june 03 2005,09:51 Wrote:i havent been able to find this if it exists, so help if it does exist. otherwise, is it possible to add a feature that allows you to queue up a load of trailers to download, so you can sit back and watch them at another point. perhaps if there was an option in favorites to download the latest trailers of everything in the favorites list.
that was in the todo queue before i lost interrest and used my free time on something else that quicktimebrowser. i wanted to add a 'download all' button somewhere in the favorites.
doubt i'll ever implement it now.
anyone who wants to try his hand using python, feel free. not that difficult, since it's only adding a button, looping on a list on click, and calling a function for each element of the list (movies).
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QuickTimeBrowser0