Nightly Install on ATV2
Hi, I'm trying to install the latest nightly on my atv2 but it seems to be hanging on the screen "Preparing to Replace org.xbmc....."

How long is it supposed to be on this part?

Thanks
Have you tried the wiki?

Quote:Note: If the dpkg -i command hangs, stop it with CTRL+C so it can proceed to use the updated removal script in the new package

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...MC_on_ATV2
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
go to /Applications/XBMC.frappliance in filezilla or whatever, right click XBMC.frappliance folder and delete it !.. try again, it'll work
BobbyC Wrote:go to /Applications/XBMC.frappliance in filezilla or whatever, right click XBMC.frappliance folder and delete it !.. try again, it'll work

Ya for some reason you need to try to remove it twice... haven't dug into it enough to figure out why. If you're installing the latest nightly the CTRL+C to stop the old removal script should be enough.
jd2157 Wrote:Ya for some reason you need to try to remove it twice... haven't dug into it enough to figure out why. If you're installing the latest nightly the CTRL+C to stop the old removal script should be enough.

I believe it's the 4.3 jailbreak. It borked a command that the install scripts use, or something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly Install on ATV20