SMB share very slow
Hi I'm wondering if someone can help me

At the minute I'm sharing the .avi films i have from laptop to the atv2 using SMB.

I'm expriencing 2 problems have that have just arisen over the last couple days.

1. when i try locate the 'downloads' folder from the atv2 it takes ages to find my content on the laptop even the clock seems to freeze on the atv2 and it takes around 10 mins to actually display all of my films etc.

2. the second problem I have is that when i eventually can play my .avi's the sound is very distorted like a loud 'ringing'

I thought the issues were down to the atv2 so i have restored and jailbroken again.

when i originally set everything up it ws working fine, i'm kind of hoping its just a setting that needs changing

Thanks

andy
I moved on to sharing via FTP with FileZilla Server (running as a windows service). Alot of users are having problems with Samba. Once switched to FTP, all my buffering problems disappeared. But it sounds like your Samba connection has slowed to a crawl. Maybe something else is amiss.
what are the specs of your laptop? did you recently upgrade the OS?
hi i'm running windows 7 ultmate 3gb ram core 2 duo with t6400 @2.00ghz this should be plenty to run the connection

i found out why the sound was distorting, it was something to do with checking the ac3 tab in system settings. i've unchecked as it was default all sound is now working.

the stream once its picked the films up is totally fine it just takes an age to find the folders
Hi i'm still having issues with the smb share......... it still takes ages to find the movies on my shaed drive.

it only does this the once so when i turn on my atv2 and browse to my films for the first time it seems to freeze i cannot move anywhere else the clock freezes for 10 mins.

please can anyone help me. i did try setting up ftp but couldn't figure out how to do it
log needed ... first link in my signature...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
memphiz thanks for the info the log is attached in the link......

I'm pulling my hair out with it. just had a quick look at the log, every film i have in the share 'downloads' is listed is the atv2 reading through each of the films and music before displaying them...

http://pastebin.com/242n0sDL

Thanks again
It is scanning the zip files for you for content. Move the zip files to another location and try it again.
I've just deleted them, still no joy

I've posted the new log.........

http://pastebin.com/VeGR4V9S

Thanks for the help
1. u have an outdated version of xbmc - better update do a current nightly build...
2. this seems to need multiple minutes - now clue what it is:

Code:
16:17:55 T:107466752 M:123109376   DEBUG: CFileSMB::Open - opened Users/Andy/Downloads/Rapier Qualar Mod 4.92.zip, fd=10000
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
thanks for your reply.

if i move to the nightly build will i have to install ice tv etc again....

If so i might deal with it until xbmc releases the next full version. i think the version i have is dharma.....
Thanks I deleted the zip file and bang it worked straight away.

I seriously don't know why i left that one zip file in the downloads folder

thanks all working as it should be Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB share very slow0