Switch from PCH C-200 to any HTPC, advice needed
PatK Wrote:'eskro' Swiss Chocolates... you lucky dog.

im waiting for my chocolate Smile
hehe, good luck to you Abulrock
Abulrock, try to play the faulty movie from your HTPC directly, not from your NAS.
does it play fine?
Hi guys

Unfortunately I'm back again Sad
It first seemed like the problem is solved with eskro's tipp. Not too long after, it started happening again and I contacted MidnightWatcher about it who owns the same Zotac. After formating, installing codec packs etc. I gave up a couple of months ago and just accepted my burden.

Because it's still annoying I'm giving it another try to find a solution. A good friend of mine which is a computer scientist thinks that the problem is related to ram issues and that I should try to replace the rams.
Right now I use the following rams
Patriot Memory SO-DDR3 1066MHz 4GB 4GB Kit, PC8500, 204Pin, CL7 (2x2GB)

what do you guys think? Is it possible? I would be willing to spend the roughly 60$ on new rams if there's a chance that it can be fixed.
Probably 4GB is not enough or I just bought bad rams.

My option would be the following rams:
Corsair SO-DDR3 1066MHz 8GB 8GB Kit, PC8500, 204Pin, CL7 (2x4GB), 1.5V, Value Series , Apple Qualified

like always, I appreciate any help and suggestions.
Why not test the RAM first? http://www.memtest.org/
well before buying new ram you can run a MemTEST on them.
this will tell you if your ram is good or not, plain and simple.

download memtest -->http://www.memtest.org/download/4.20/memtest86+-4.20.usb.installer.zip
install to an empty USB FLash Drive
then insert in your ZBOX
tweak your boot order in the BIOS so that it boots from USB
MemTest appears
let it run overnight while you sleep
you want at least to let it do 7 passes..
then in morning, check if MemTest reports any errors...
thanks guys, gonna test it as soon as I get home from London, fish and chips are waiting haha
ok back and I tried now to run memtest.... the problem is that as soon as I press a button on the keyboard, everything freezes!!

If I press DEL at the start, the Zotac freezes at the Zotac screen
If I press a button during windows start, the loading screen freezes and I have to restart
Now windows wants to start the repair stuff or whatever where you can choose to start windows normally or via repair help. There's a countdown 30 sec, 29 sec, etc. as soon as I press a button on the keyboard during this countdown (because I need to press a button to choose "start windows normally", the countdown stops and u might guess it..... freeze!

This is not the first time I'm experiencing this, usually after endless restarts I can finally start windows again.

But what is wrong here omg. With this stupid behavior of my Zotac, I'm not even able to enter bios to change the boot mode for memtest.
well, your ZBOX might have to be RMA at this point,
(2012-04-12, 04:22)eskro Wrote: well, your ZBOX might have to be RMA at this point,

yeah I guess that's the only option left, there has to be something wrong with this thing Confused
good luck
(2012-04-12, 11:20)eskro Wrote: good luck

thanks eskro

I got the confirmation from the shop that I can send in the device, hopefully I get a replacement and than I will so from there.
Anyways, I have one more log from yesterday where the movie froze 4-5 times. Dunno probably you can read something out of it but anyway I will send the device for repair.
XBMC Freeze Log

If you have time to take a look at it, I appreciate it.
just send the device Smile
(2012-04-16, 20:47)eskro Wrote: just send the device Smile

Cool
Hi all.

Do not know if u all still have the same problem: Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true

I had the problem for about 6 months or so, its f****** annoying.

My setup was .
PC: Win7
2 Gb external usb Hdd.
Router from ZyXel 100 Mbit local lan.
Xbox running latest Xbmc4xbox stable.

The only thing i did was use a switch from D-link between the router and PC/Xbox.

Do not know why this works but i do not have the problem anymore.

Hope this helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch from PCH C-200 to any HTPC, advice needed0