Karaoke - Will play .cdg, won't play .CDG
Hi,

I just got a whole lot of zipped .mp3 and .cdg Karaoke files and found a lot that played sound but no vision, just a blank screen.

I eventually discovered that the graphics files on the non-playing files had been saved with a .CDG suffix, and that they worked immediately when I unzipped, renamed to .cdg, and rezipped the files.

Tested on 2 machines.
Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit on a Zotac Zbox ID41 running 1920x1080.
Lubuntu 11.04 32 bit on an eeePC 704 running 800x480.
Newest version of XBMC I think - where does it show that on screen?

Regards.
Did you (or anyone) ever figure out a fix for this? I'm having the same problem and have gigs of zip files with with mp3s and uppercase CDG's. Sad

Using a ATV1 with Eden RC2
hught78 Wrote:Did you (or anyone) ever figure out a fix for this? I'm having the same problem and have gigs of zip files with with mp3s and uppercase CDG's. Sad

Not really a fix for the problem, a way around it however. Download "Rename Master" and change the suffix of all your files in a matter of seconds. It is easy to figure out and use.

Mark
(2012-03-08, 17:06)mwkurt Wrote:
hught78 Wrote:Did you (or anyone) ever figure out a fix for this? I'm having the same problem and have gigs of zip files with with mp3s and uppercase CDG's. Sad

Not really a fix for the problem, a way around it however. Download "Rename Master" and change the suffix of all your files in a matter of seconds. It is easy to figure out and use.

Mark

Cool but first I need to unzip each song and I have hundreds if not thousands of songs. Any advice on batch unzipping, renaming, then re-zipping in one fell swoop?

Man, I wish I knew how to code.
Can't you just select all the files at once, click on your unzipping program, select unzip and let it go? I've unzipped multiple files this way before.

Mark
This program will do what you want. It will automatically adjust capitalization, fix some errors etc, on MP3+G in multiple zips. You can then export the files unzipped or zipped. It will even allow you to edit the Tag information. I tested if it fixes the extensions and it changed all the uppercase .CDG to .cdg.

http://www.latshawsystems.com/ProductDet...nager.aspx

So all that should be required is import (with correct capitalization checked) > export. All your folder structures should remain intact but I'd run a few tests and backup your files first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Karaoke - Will play .cdg, won't play .CDG0