i'm new...and confused
ok. first question is how the hell do i install mediastream skin on XBMC? second, and if anyone knows this it would be great...can I run XBMC on my WD Live Plus? Is that what the "LIVE" download is?

I could really use some help here.
settings>appearance>skin click on skin chooser, then "get more".
thank you. gotcha.

next question.....not all of my movies are getting the cover art and info...i keep re updating and they get more but not all of them. is this common?
Pure-Evil Wrote:thank you. gotcha.

next question.....not all of my movies are getting the cover art and info...i keep re updating and they get more but not all of them. is this common?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual
Never gonna be XBMC on WD TV Live Plus.

Only Win, Linux, Mac or AppleTV1&2 or XBOX 1.

Best thing to do with you movies is this:

Each movie have its own folder, inside the folder only have the movie and a optional sub file. Delete any other file inc *.nfo, *.tbn*.jpg
If you have a CD1 and CD2 folder cut and paste the main movies into just 1 folder.

My Movies folder (has all your movies in 1 folder)
-->DUMBO folder (inside the My movies folder)
root of Dumbo folder-->Dumbo1.avi, Dumbo2.avi, Dumbo.srt etc

No folders inside folders except for you master movie folder and a folder for each movie.

Then make sure you have 'set the content' of the master Movie folder(s) to either MovieDB or IMDB and set them up right. tick 'scan recursively' and untick 'this folder contains a single video' and tick 'automatically update folder at strtup'

Finally turn on update library at startup in settings-->video

exit xbmc and restart and you should get everything you want (it will take time)

Once it has completed and you are happy go to settings-->video and choose export library so you dont have to keep redownloading your collection if you lost it.

Done
I got it! It took a lot of time to get every video file into each root directory for each movie, but I finally got it all working and man..what a GREAT Media Server!!!

I have been looking for this type of server forever!!! Thanks to everyone and OMG I can't believe this has been around as long as it has and I've never found it before!!! UGH!
PhilYHC Wrote:settings>appearance>skin click on skin chooser, then "get more".

I did this but the version listed is older then the newest release. I think the newest release is 1.75, is that correct? The version that installs when I select as you describe is version 1.2.1 called MediumStream Redux...I don't see any other MediumStreams available..am I missing how to instal a new skin?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i'm new...and confused0