What Skin do you use on your ATV2?
Just curious what skin everyone is currently using. I am currently running Quartz. It's a skin that looks very similar to the ATV2 UI. It has great performance. I have tried Confluence, Neon, and settled on Quartz. But I am open to trying other skins, that offer good performance and are functional.

With the ATV2 only having 256MB of memory, bloated skins are not a option.

[Image
Aeon Nox pulled from SVN. Damn sexy and fairly good performance considering the eye candy. Works well with the latest nightly and dirty regions enabled.

EDIT: Might want to add I almost exclusively use the Low List view in Aeon Nox due to it's speed and full screen fanart. Some of the more technical views will most likely crash your ATV.
I've been using Alaska Revisited and love it. I have 2 profiles so I left one with the default color scheme and the other with the dark color scheme and can easily see who I'm logged in as.
Have been using Rapier Skin RC01, v quick.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

saunderez Wrote:Aeon Nox pulled from SVN. Damn sexy and fairly good performance considering the eye candy. Works well with the latest nightly and dirty regions enabled.

EDIT: Might want to add I almost exclusively use the Low List view in Aeon Nox due to it's speed and full screen fanart. Some of the more technical views will most likely crash your ATV.

Which version of XBMC are you using?

I'm using the 10.0-9, released 23-June-2011 version and both the Passion (svn) version of Aeon Nox and the Git version of Aeon Nox, freeze up my ATV2.

I'd love to go back to using Aeon Nox as my skin, but I can't get it to stop freezing up. I'm thinking the problem is i'm not on a nightly and I'm not on a dharma build anymore either.

EDIT: Nevermind, just re-read. Your on the latest nightly. Sorry.
ReFocus! Sometimes the thumbnail loading can be a little laggy when flicking through films but get the correct nightly and it is perfect. Best looking skin I have seen.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Im using Neon (SVN) and its sexxxy.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I guess my question is very similar to the original one of this thread: "What skin do you use on your ATV2 that is as fast, or faster, than the default Confluence skin"?

For instance, I tried the Rapier skin that was mentioned earlier in this thread, and it's certainly beautiful, but it runs just "meh" on my ATV2 with latest nightly; Confluence is noticeably snappier.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
What is the path to the Confluence-Default-Skin?

I'd like to customize it, but it won't show in /private/var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/addons
Romanes eunt domus
For anyone who hasn't tried Quartz, I highly recommend it. It may not be the flashiest skin, but it is very attractive, extremely wife & kid-friendly, and way faster than Confluence for me.

On the iPad I use Touched, which is also light, clean & friendly, but has the added advantage of being designed for a touch screen.

Kudos to pecinko and Jezz_X, the skin developers for those.
skippr Wrote:What is the path to the Confluence-Default-Skin?

I'd like to customize it, but it won't show in /private/var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/addons

/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons
Got it, thanks!
Romanes eunt domus
I use Convergence and it's fast and stable on 10.0-9
After i read this thread im using Quartz and im in love Smile
But i have some issues with that skin also.
In Tv-shows where i choose what serie i shall see i only get banners. But i shall read more in official thread too see what im doing wrong.
saunderez Wrote:Aeon Nox pulled from SVN. Damn sexy and fairly good performance considering the eye candy. Works well with the latest nightly and dirty regions enabled.

@saunderez, could you perhaps point me to some info on how to install Aeon Nox from SVN? I use Aeon Nox on my HTPC and would love to use it on my atv2, but am a bit new to the versioning game. I'm assuming this info will also help me install PsuedoTV on my atv2. thanks for the info and sorry for hijacking the thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What Skin do you use on your ATV2?0