File Browser Dialog Mod
Just a quick mod for the File Browser dialog - the window that pops up when choosing poster and fanart images - while the GIT branch is in development. Currently the images are small and hard to distinguish on smaller screens (I use a 32" LCD for the living room) from across the room. This is a simple fix while Jereon decides where to take this dialog.

Drop this file into your %appdata%\XBMC\addons\skin.refocus\720p folder, overwriting when prompted. You must be using the GIT branch of the skin in order for this mod to work.
I'll be pushing a list based file browser dialog soon. I still think having a picture based selection works well when selecting posters or fanart, but there's a couple of advantages to a list based dialog.
Banners can be shown in the right aspect ratio and a list works better with scenarios other than selecting media artwork.
One downside is that fanart is now actually displayed smaller, but I might be able to use an alternate layout when fanart is being listed. But that's a bit trickier and for later Smile
What was wrong with the old one ?
reFocus - Simply the best
A couple of things. For instance, banners did not display correctly. They either had to be scaled or stretched, making it look really bad.
Also, when using the filebrowser in other scenarios (when it's used by add-ons for instance or any scenario where the content being displayed is not a poster or fanart the same problems as with banners occured.

The thing is, I am able to use different layouts for posters and fanart by checking the path that is being reported. When listing fanart the path being given is fanart://, banners and posters however use the same path (thumb://) so I can't use that as a way to use layouts tailored to the type of content being returned.
Hopefully in the future when xbmc will allow simultaneous use of banners and posters banners will be returned with banner:// or something like that.
So, using a list based dialog is really a more sane way to do this at the moment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File Browser Dialog Mod0