aTV2 - how to regulary auto update libraries (video & music)
Hi guys,
I have aTV2 which is still running (24/7) and my question is if there is any possibility to regulary auto update libraries, e.g. every 30 min or hourly (video & music) becouse If I add some movies or TV shows I have to manually click to library update.
I tried to install addon library auto updater 0.3.4 but it doesn't work.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Peter
You can set the libraries to auto-scan when every your ATV2 is turned on if that would help?
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
deanmv Wrote:You can set the libraries to auto-scan when every your ATV2 is turned on if that would help?

this is not solution for me, I need to update libraries when the aTV2 is running (idealy every 30 min or hourly)
thanks
pbennar Wrote:this is not solution for me, I need to update libraries when the aTV2 is running (idealy every 30 min or hourly)
thanks

Their is xbmc addon that updates xbmc library every xxx ... Look for it under addon->programs i believe ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
CrashX Wrote:Their is xbmc addon that updates xbmc library every xxx ... Look for it under addon->programs i believe ..

I have already install XBMC auto library update 0.3.4 but it doesn't work with latest nightly build
We had an Autoupdate Library add-on, but it hasn't been updated for the nightlies yet. However, some has made a forked version that is updated and should work. I haven't tried this myself.

http://handbrake.dynaflashtech.net/downl...update.zip

use "install from zip".
If you turn on external commands, you can trigger a library scan from another computer with the following command (make sure you use the correct IP address)

Quote:curl --data-binary "{ \"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"VideoLibrary.Scan\", \"id\": \"curl\"}" -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://IP.OF.XB.MC:8080/jsonrpc

I run that from a cron script on another computer to rescan my library at regular intervals.
Ned Scott Wrote:We had an Autoupdate Library add-on, but it hasn't been updated for the nightlies yet. However, some has made a forked version that is updated and should work. I haven't tried this myself.

http://handbrake.dynaflashtech.net/downl...update.zip

use "install from zip".

doesn't work :-(
pbennar Wrote:doesn't work :-(

I installed the same version today and it worked. What was the error you had?
Set Up
deanmv Wrote:I installed the same version today and it worked. What was the error you had?

I installed it without any errors, I also setup configuration to update music & video with 1hour interval but if I copy any movie to smb folder with movies it doesn't update library. I have to start update library manually or turn off-on xbmc.

I have nighlty pre-11.0 git: 20110904-a2098db

Any ideas what is wrong? thx
I have relooked and mine isn't actually updating either. I can set it up and configure it all but it won't update at the intervals I have set.
Set Up
deanmv Wrote:I have relooked and mine isn't actually updating either. I can set it up and configure it all but it won't update at the intervals I have set.

same for me :-(
is there any other way how to regulary auto update libraries?
deanmv Wrote:I have relooked and mine isn't actually updating either. I can set it up and configure it all but it won't update at the intervals I have set.

good news, it's working now
you have to run/click on auto updater plugin in programs - it reset alarm clock and after restart of aptv2 plugin is updating libraries in intervals which you set (I have set 1 hour interval)
enjoy!
pbennar Wrote:good news, it's working now
you have to run/click on auto updater plugin in programs - it reset alarm clock and after restart of aptv2 plugin is updating libraries in intervals which you set (I have set 1 hour interval)
enjoy!

Just given it a go and you're right! We had both configured it and then not actually started it. Cheers
Set Up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
aTV2 - how to regulary auto update libraries (video & music)0