Problem with launch.com script
just downloaded launch.com script 1.3

using this script, i can watch music videos on launch.com, but the problem is the vidoes usually lag, pause for a while, and then continue playing.

i was wondering if this script could be modified so that it will completely download the video first, and then play it, by this method, video will run with no lag, no pause at all. video file will play smoothly from the beginning to the end.
i agree, i can start watching the vid which is great and then it lags.

i was thinking that it was just my wireless connection.

it would be great to get a fix

snarby
hi. i think in the newer script the default bandwith might have been upped. so if you were using the higher value its quiet possible that would be causing the problems. if you down the bandwith param to 300 the videos should play much better
cheers
where do i change the bandwith param?

snarby
(snarby1966 @ april 08 2005,18:57 Wrote:where do i change the bandwith param?

snarby
open up the .py file in a text editor. there you'll find a line which look like this:

bandwidth = 768

edit that to whatever bandwidth you want.
xbmcscripts.com administrator
works a treat.

thanks

:kickass:
yes they have changed the site again so there will be a fixed version with a few new updates along today or tomorow
here we go again.

http://www.geocities.com/bogorman/launchbrowserv1.5.zip

version 1.5.
fixes for the site cahnges to launch. videos and biography.
added playlist functionality. you can now add the songs to multiple playlists.
configure add/remove playlist names in the config.xml file.
unfortunately you will have to re-add all your current favourites to the playlist you choose.
the bandwith and autocomplete parameters have also been moved to the config.xml file so this
is the only file you will need to edit.

cheers
thank you very much for this latest update! i (along with a huge silent majority) really appreciate it!
any chance of adding a repeat option. so i can queue up some tracks & have them play on a loop?
(flash @ april 16 2005,22:06 Wrote:here we go again.

thanks very much for your wonderful launch.com script

i was wondering if "move up" and "move down" could be added to my favorites playlist, so that when we click the my favorite link, we can select which video to play first by press "move up" button, we can select the video playing order by press "move up" or "move down" button.

i know this could be down by manually edit the favorite.xml, but it would be nicer if we could select the playing order by pressing "move up" or "move down" button, that'll be more convenient.

besides, could download button be added as well, sometimes when we see a very cool video, we want to save it to our harddisk, could you append some codes to the script that allows us to download a video file to our harddisk, so we could play them even when we're offline.

tia
(|vibez| @ april 23 2005,16:44 Wrote:any chance of adding a repeat option. so i can queue up some tracks & have them play on a loop?
i'll try and get this in the next release....
(xboxsfan @ april 28 2005,15:46 Wrote:
(flash @ april 16 2005,22:06 Wrote:here we go again.

thanks very much for your wonderful launch.com script

i was wondering if "move up" and "move down" could be added to my favorites playlist, so that when we click the my favorite link, we can select which video to play first by press "move up" button, we can select the video playing order by press "move up" or "move down" button.

i know this could be down by manually edit the favorite.xml, but it would be nicer if we could select the playing order by pressing "move up" or "move down" button, that'll be more convenient.

besides, could download button be added as well, sometimes when we see a very cool video, we want to save it to our harddisk, could you append some codes to the script that allows us to download a video file to our harddisk, so we could play them even when we're offline.

tia
i'll try and get this in the next release also...the download option is a no go as these are streaming files and we cannot save streams. we can save the files when the file is on the server but not streams unfortunately. it would be nice.
cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with launch.com script0