What happened to feature friday?
Why does it only appear once in a blue moon anymore? Wasn't it supposed to be a "weekly" update?

Follow me on Twitter @DeniedByFleury
Nathan's just not been the same since meeting Felicia Day.
Ha. Honestly, it's mostly a guilt thing at the moment. Feature Friday is supposed to be weekly, but it's also not supposed to be the only thing we publish. When the RSS feed is dominated w/ Feature Friday news, I begin to feel uncomfortable and become hesitant about writing more. I've suddenly had an idea for fixing this, so let me get back to you on it.
ill gladly help if i can? i look forward to seeing other peoples setup week in and week out!!

how about some articles on new updates for xbmc nightlys?

i know theres the trac thing but lets be honest normal users have no clue what they mean.
How about getting a few people to write articles for the site pro bono? Perhaps articles on how-to's with pictures and video, hardware reviews, hardware news, etc- along with Feature Fridays, and progress updates of course.. General topics but still related to XBMC.
How to articles would be a big hit but that isn't really "News" per-say.

That may however make ppl like more likely to read them if they were front page news.

Posting question and answer threads for something that's been asked 1000 times seems to irritate some ppl.

Searching the forums and reading the wiki will usually answer everyone's questions.

I can say from my own personal experience of searching the xbmc forums for stuff that i know for a fact i have read about here previously and i am still unable to find that there are so many threads that even finding something when you know what your looking for can be difficult at times.

For a newer user that may not even know what they are looking for posting another thread rather than trying to find an answer to a question they didn't even know they had seems fairly appealing.

These days of microwave ovens, atms and smart phones ppl have become less and less patient and demand easy answers or they quickly give up.

So "news worthy" or not i would be thankful for some well designed tutorials and would be more than willing to help anyone with the know how to make them in any way i can.
Romulus Wrote:How about getting a few people to write articles for the site pro bono? Perhaps articles on how-to's with pictures and video, hardware reviews, hardware news, etc- along with Feature Fridays, and progress updates of course.. General topics but still related to XBMC.

I like this idea. Maybe articles on latest and newest add-ons or skins such as reviews. Htpc hardware as well. Just diff tips and tweaks. Would def be interested in reading about new things always coming out for xbmc hardware or software based.
krish_2k4 Wrote:how about some articles on new updates for xbmc nightlys?

i know theres the trac thing but lets be honest normal users have no clue what they mean.

Yea just a simple paragraph is perfect, a small little writeup of what going on. No need to make a huge detailed post like when an official Camelot/Dharma release.

Just a small writeup like we are testing out feature x, to see in action watch this vid or skin a and b are supporting it at the moment if you want to see for yourself.

Just something little to keep the front page interesting while also keeping the non forum guys in the loop...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
+1 for general how to and snippets of info articles etc.

Also don't feel guilty about feature friday dominating the posts on the front page, there're great!

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Ehem....

http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2011/09/19/a-...c-writers/
I think this will be big! Big Grin
natethomas Wrote:Ehem....

http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2011/09/19/a-...c-writers/

I take it I caused this?

Either way... Im up for the challenge!!

DeniedByFleury Wrote:I take it I caused this?

Either way... Im up for the challenge!!

Hah. Yup, thanks for kicking my butt into action. I really need more of that!
Could we ask that submissions be released under CC BY-SA 3.0? Then we could use submissions for XBMC wiki content as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What happened to feature friday?0