Mouse movement like slippery ice.
Lol, sorry about the title but couldn't think of another description.
So when im playing a movie the mouse is a little sloppy like the curser on screen is in ice. It follows my directions ok but it's not snappy.
However the mouse is fine when not playing movies.
Anyone experience this before.
That's because during video playback, the render fps is reduced to the video fps.
bobo1on1 Wrote:That's because during video playback, the render fps is reduced to the video fps.

A translation for you non-nerds: in System settings, Video, Playback there is a setting "Adjust refresh rate to match video". If you enable this XBMC will change the screen refresh rate to the same as the video frame rate, which is usually 24 or 25Hz. This is a very low refresh rate and does tend to make the mouse cursor movements laggy. It's not usually a problem since you aren't usually using the mouse when you're watching a video.

It it really bugs you just disable the "Adjust refresh rate ..." setting, though this make make the video playback slightly jerky.

JR
Actually the refreshrate is not relevant here, when XBMC is playing fullscreen video and the video is 24 fps, XBMC will only render 24 frames per second.
Thank you good people.
I appreciate your explanations. Now I know what's going on.
Cheers Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse movement like slippery ice.0