• 3(current)
FileBot TV Renamer and Subtitle Downloader
Alright, after looking up by hash, it's gonna try to auto-detect the query for normal search. Which in your case doesn't work (only works for tv shows where there is a subsequence common in all files). In cases like this you have to manually set it via the --q option.
Hi,

last night i tried it with --q option but received error "not a video file". Sorry I do not have precise error log, I'm at work atm.

I think its not parsing video file correctly but I cant tell right now.

I will post error log as soon as I get home.

rednoah42 Wrote:Alright, after looking up by hash, it's gonna try to auto-detect the query for normal search. Which in your case doesn't work (only works for tv shows where there is a subsequence common in all files). In cases like this you have to manually set it via the --q option.
wally007 Wrote:last night i tried it with --q option but received error "not a video file". Sorry I do not have precise error log, I'm at work atm.

Not sure what u mean... i guess it said something about not finding any video files in the files/folders u gave as arguments. There's probably something wrong with your cmdline call.
Hey great program, I'm having an issue though when I run the command:
Code:
C:\Program Files\FileBot>"C:\Program Files\FileBot\filebot.cmd" -rename "d:\TV Shows\James Mays Man Lab\Season 02" --format "{n} -{'S'+s.pad(2)}E{e.pad(2)} - {t}" -non-strict

I get the following error:
Code:
Filename pattern: [1.00] SxE, [0.00] CWS
Rename episodes using [TVRage]
Auto-detected series name: [James Mays Man Lab S02E01 HDTV XviD FTP]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Failed to auto-select search result: []
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to fetch episode data
Failure (░_░)

There's only one file in the directory with the name of:
James Mays Man Lab - S02E01 - HDTV.XviD.FTP.avi

If I drag the file in to filebot it works just fine. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've got the non-strict flag set and still no luck
Lightbulb 
mcorcoran Wrote:There's only one file in the directory with the name of:
James Mays Man Lab - S02E01 - HDTV.XviD.FTP.avi

Even if it's just one file since there is {name}{s00e00} FileBot should be able to auto-detect the name. It does work with my latest development version though, so this problem should be fixed with FileBot 2.3 which will be released in a week or so.
Hello,

Sorry for late response. I've had some time to test the new version with suggested parameters but so far I didnt get anything that matches ( if it didnt find video hash tagged subtitles )

Here are couple examples ( show recorded with my own tuner so video hash matching wouldnt work )

Code:
/Users/vladik1/Downloads/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub -get-subtitles --lang en --format srt -non-strict /Volumes/Volume3TB/mpg_foreign1/\!TV\!/Its\ Always\ Sunny\ in\ Philadelphia/Season\ 7/Its\ Always\ Sunny\ in\ Philadelphia\ -\ S07E11.mkv
Looking up subtitles by filehash via OpenSubtitles
Looking up subtitles by filehash via Sublight
Auto-detected query: [Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia]
Searching for [Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia] at [OpenSubtitles]
Dec 4, 2011 5:45:23 PM net.sourceforge.filebot.web.OpenSubtitlesXmlRpc searchMoviesOnIMDB
WARNING: Ignore movie {id=2107106, title=Thunder Gun Express ??-??Season 7, Episode 12:}: Illegal title
Dec 4, 2011 5:45:23 PM net.sourceforge.filebot.web.OpenSubtitlesXmlRpc searchMoviesOnIMDB
WARNING: Ignore movie {id=2004633, title=The High School Reunion}: Illegal title
Matched [Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia - S07E11.mkv] to [Its.Always.Sunny.In.Philadelphia.S05E13] via filename
Fetching [Its.Always.Sunny.In.Philadelphia.S05E13.srt]
Writing [Its.Always.Sunny.In.Philadelphia.S05E13.srt] to [Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia - S07E11.eng.srt]
Done ?(?????)?

Subtitles from S05E13 was downloaded for S07E11.

Here is one for the movie

Code:
/Users/vladik1/Downloads/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub -get-subtitles --lang en --format srt --q /Volumes/Volume3TB2/mpg_foreign2/\!Movies\!/Defendor\ \(2009\)/Defendor.mkv
IllegalArgumentException: No video files: []
Failure (?_?)
Lightbulb 
wally007 Wrote:Subtitles from S05E13 was downloaded for S07E11
That's because there are no subtitles for S07E11 and since -non-strict is activated, the "best matching" subtitle will be chosen. Newer revisions will already ignore the -non-strict setting, cause it doesn't really make much sense for subs. The final 2.3 won't have this issue.

Code:
/Users/vladik1/Downloads/FileBot.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub -get-subtitles --lang en --format srt --q /Volumes/Volume3TB2/mpg_foreign2/\!Movies\!/Defendor\ \(2009\)/Defendor.mkv

There's a mistake with the --q paramenter, it will take one argument. Must be --q "defender" "/path/to/files". Not --q "/path/to/files" {no arguments left = no files}.
rednoah42 Wrote:That's because there are no subtitles for S07E11 and since -non-strict is activated, the "best matching" subtitle will be chosen. Newer revisions will already ignore the -non-strict setting, cause it doesn't really make much sense for subs. The final 2.3 won't have this issue.

Hi,

But there are subtitles for S07E11.

See link http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitle...express-en

rednoah42 Wrote:There's a mistake with the --q paramenter, it will take one argument. Must be --q "defender" "/path/to/files". Not --q "/path/to/files" {no arguments left = no files}.

Ok, thanks. Understand. So script wont work with Movies unless I manually add movie name.
wally007 Wrote:But there are subtitles for S07E11.
See link http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitle...express-en
I see, that's on the website, when running a search via FileBot though there will only be subs for S5E13. The OSDB devs are currently working on tv series mode, so there might be problems these days with the API.

wally007 Wrote:Ok, thanks. Understand. So script wont work with Movies unless I manually add movie name.
FileBot doesn't auto-guess the search query from the filename (it's error prone when there is only one filename to guess from), so without --q only there's only hash lookup.
Did add "movie identification by imdb from nfo file" now though. When fetching subtitles or renaming movies. Probably not that useful for most people but it's easy and reliable.
That sounds good. In what format does nfo have to be ? do you have an example or point me in the right direction which app produces compliant nfo's ? ( btw , I use Plex so metadatas are stored on the server within Plex' database )

So far I've been able to get subtitles for everything I care about watching. Sure X-Factor and its clones do not have video hash tagged subtitles , but most of the drama shows do. Thank you very much !

rednoah42 Wrote:Did add "movie identification by imdb from nfo file" now though. When fetching subtitles or renaming movies. Probably not that useful for most people but it's easy and reliable.
FileBot doesn't really care about any specific format, just looks for that tt<id> pattern anywhere in the text. So if you create a nfo file that only contains an imdb url to the show, that's already enough.
I'll be happy to test it when ready. Thanks. I can have folder action create a nfo.

Does name look up for a movies somehow detect resolution of a video file ?

rednoah42 Wrote:FileBot doesn't really care about any specific format, just looks for that tt<id> pattern anywhere in the text. So if you create a nfo file that only contains an imdb url to the show, that's already enough.
Lightbulb 
I can get resolution from the video file no problem, but i can't really match that to a subtitle filename. Tbh I've never encountered subtitles called "defendor.1280x720.rg.mkv", some have the ".HD." part, but that's also very rare.

If u can find me lots of example subtitles where that would make sense, i.e. where mediainfo can be matched to the subtitle name, post that here and i'll have a look.
wally007 Wrote:I'll be happy to test it when ready. Thanks. I can have folder action create a nfo.

But how to do u plan on getting the IMDb ID for each folder? Is the folder name useful as query? Cause filenames names usually aren't.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FileBot TV Renamer and Subtitle Downloader6