• 4(current)
FileBot TV Renamer and Subtitle Downloader
Star 
FileBot 2.3 released !!

Lots of things coming together for this release. Mostly improvements on existing stuff, be more smart about things and of course lots of bugfixes and little improvements everywhere.

This release features:
+ Improved Deployment / Make cmdline work out of the box
+ Improved automated subtitle match & download
+ Efficient mass-renaming of large numbers of folders/files
+ Mismatch highlighting
+ Improved File<->Episode matching logic
+ Improved Scripting Environment (support for "execute cmd" and "watch folder")

Check out:
+ Video Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcSFKiwFLZw
+ New Forums: http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/
There are few metadata managers that are able to determine movie name and match it to IMDB using nothing but file name and/or parent folder. Most people who use XBMC/Plex have clean folder structure. I store my movies as

Code:
/Volume/Movies/Movie Name (2011)/Movie Name (2011).mkv

I should be able to create nfo files without any problems and then run your script once nfo file has been created.

rednoah42 Wrote:But how to do u plan on getting the IMDb ID for each folder? Is the folder name useful as query? Cause filenames names usually aren't.
That is a little bit tricky. Script could 'prioritize' download of subtitles returned by opensubtitles based on number of criteria.
For example if mediainfo returns that file is 720p, you'd first look for 720p in subtitle name, if none found, then 1080p in subtitle name, if none found, then HDTV in subtitle name etc
I think you get much better chance of getting subtitles right for your video file this way , rather than randomly downloading subtitle file from 20 available for any given title.

Let me know if it makes sense, or am I just talking nonsense? Smile

rednoah42 Wrote:I can get resolution from the video file no problem, but i can't really match that to a subtitle filename. Tbh I've never encountered subtitles called "defendor.1280x720.rg.mkv", some have the ".HD." part, but that's also very rare.

If u can find me lots of example subtitles where that would make sense, i.e. where mediainfo can be matched to the subtitle name, post that here and i'll have a look.
1. FileBot is already matching subtitle to file using a text similarity algorithm, so matching patterns like 720p, aXXo, DVDRip, etc will already be taken into account to some degree, but of course this doesn't work nearly as well as specifically targeting a pattern like i do with matching by SxE.

2. If u know that the folder name is the movie name, u can just use filebot scripting like this:

Code:
args.eachMediaFolder{
    getSubtitles(folder:it, query:it.name)
}
wally007 Wrote:That is a little bit tricky. Script could 'prioritize' download of subtitles returned by opensubtitles based on number of criteria.
For example if mediainfo returns that file is 720p, you'd first look for 720p in subtitle name, if none found, then 1080p in subtitle name, if none found, then HDTV in subtitle name etc
I think you get much better chance of getting subtitles right for your video file this way , rather than randomly downloading subtitle file from 20 available for any given title.

That does make sense, matching not just filename but mediainfo like that, in some cases anyway, though it's again one of these things that'll need a lots of fine-tuning and testing... again it's just one subtitle per movie, someone should just do that part semi-manually with filebot gui and then submit the hashes... subtitles upload will come eventually... but no time for that yet Tongue
so anybody have a special episode format to get his anime episodes /ova's /movies successfully scraped by thetvdb and anidb?

since ive been told by isamu.dragon that i best rename my anime episodes to get per episode info? hmmmm.....
Lightbulb 
I guy in my forums said this works pretty good:

Code:
{n.space('.')}.S{(episode.season ? s : 1).pad(2)}E{e.pad(2)}.{t.space('.')}
Use . as word separator and format everything als S00E00 (even anime where season would normally be undefined)

filebot forums link:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/vi...7&t=25#p62
ok thanks bro saw that one but couldnt find it anymore thanks for bringing it up , now we can get some real work done filebot is indeed da nr.1 renamer out there hands down , peace
Here's a link for a bunch of predefined expressions that u can just copy & paste:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/vi...=5&t=2#p51
dayum!!!!!! thats alot ...nieccceeeee!!!!!

thanks rednoah keep up dat dev on filebot ...nudge nudge i secretly go under the codename breakdown234....yeah im everywhere xD
Lightbulb 
FileBot 2.4 is out!~

New features:
* Extreme-Makeover for Movie auto-detection (It actually works now!)
* More accurate and robust episode/file matching
* Support movie/series detection via imdbid/tvdbid from nfo files
* Update notifications when future versions are released
* Greatly reduced initial startup time of the Java WebStart app (by using lazy-loading)
* New portable distribution in download section
* Java 6 (Mac!) support for move/renaming files accross different volumes/filesystems

Noteworthy Scripts:
With this release I wanna highlight the scripting capabilities that are part of the FileBot CLI. Check out these scripts!~

+Fetch Banners and Artwork for TV Shows from TheTVDB:
=> http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/vi...4&t=5#p204

+Fetch Posters and Artwork for Movies from TheMovieDB:
=> http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/vi...4&t=5#p205

+Watch folders and automatically organize files:
=> http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/vi...4&t=5#p132

+Sort out recent downloads. Extract archives, organize episodes/movies into folders, request XBMC library rescan (something like SortTV I guess)
=> http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/vi...=4&t=5#p52

+Create CSV file (Excel/Calc) for all your media files including columns for info like resolution, audio/video codecs, etc
=> http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/vi...=4&t=5#p53

More info here:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/script.html
Lightbulb 
FileBot 2.5 is out! Get it here!

This release adds lots of new things requested by the community like support for disk folders, configurable episode sort order (Airdate vs DVD) and improved movie detection and episode matching.

New features:
+ Support renaming/moving of disk folders (BR, DVD, VCD, etc)
+ Improved movie auto-detection / matching
+ Improved support for date-based shows
+ Customizable episode sort order (Airdate, DVD, Absolute)
+ {info} binding for all sorts of series / movie info like director, genres, certification, rating, etc
+ Support ascii-conversion in naming scheme {.ascii()}
+ Java 6 backwards-compatibility for scripting (filebot -script ...)

Noteworty new naming scheme bindings:
Check it out! Now you can do stuff like this here.
Code:
{n} ({y}) by {director} [{genres[0]}, {certification}, {rating}]
=> The Terminator (1984) by James Cameron [Action, PG-13, 8.5]

Thanks to everybody that reported issues and helped with testing!
I just installed this program yesterday! Spent all night trying to make it fit my setup! Smile Very cool - although I had some problems with it not detecting my subtitles on the first run and then on the second it suddenly does!

I know you write about scrapping Podnapisi - but if you could in anyway implement podnapisis huge database, this would be awesome!

I think they groovy programming is a bit overkill for me (primarily because it will take me too long to learn and the pre-defined scripts doesnt work that well for me) so in my setup I made some CLI lines which I put in a batchfiles which checks for the number of files in the folder - if this changes it runs all of the "lines". I have one line checking for first my primary language subtitles, then one line for my secondary subtitle language and lastely it renames and moves the tv shows to a defined folder structure. This works pretty much as intended though it's not the prettiest solution...

Also - I am currently using JDownloader for all my stuff - videos AND movies. They all go in the same folder. Can you just make "more" lines checking for movie, because they wont be matched in the first go where I only look for tvshows?

I am not sure if I could make a better setup than this?
rednoah42 Wrote:FileBot 2.5 is out!

Really like the idea of FileBot, It looks great in its GUI form and has great scalability in the commandline!! I looked around the sourceforge page + forums and could not find an answer to the following question;

I torrent TV Shows + Lectures and I was wondering, is it possible to either:

a) Rename a file while COPYING (rather than moving) it so it leaves the original in place for seeding?

or

Preferred Method!!:

b) Move the File, Renaming it as needed and place a Symlink to the Moved/Renamed file with the original file name in the original file location so that seeding can still go on?

I know this can be achieved by SortTV which I currently use, but I would love to try FileBot!!

Thanks,
The Capt.
Star 
Jobu279 Wrote:I just installed this program yesterday! Spent all night trying to make it fit my setup! Smile Very cool - although I had some problems with it not detecting my subtitles on the first run and then on the second it suddenly does!
By default FileBot will only fetch "perfectly matched" subtitles from OpenSubtitles and Sublight via hashlookup. OpenSubtitles can be unstable at times.

TIP: Set -non-strict flag to enable name matching when looking up subtitles (e.g. matching SxE pattern, very similar in name, etc).

Jobu279 Wrote:I know you write about scrapping Podnapisi - but if you could in anyway implement podnapisis huge database, this would be awesome!
Heard about that site, but do they have a public API? Now if they also support hash-lookup I will definitely add support.

Jobu279 Wrote:I think they groovy programming is a bit overkill...
Yes, absolutely! But as soon as you need an if-then or for-loop to get your stuff done. Then you will LOVE to learn Groovy. Personally, I just can't be bothered with cmd scripts, and I'd hate to help people out with that.

Groovy is just nice to work with and Windows/Linux/Mac people get a common platform to collaborate and share scripts for automation. Doesn't even have to be about renaming/subtitles, can be anything that makes sense. I myself use filebot -script BuildData.groovy to update the shared movie/series index.

Jobu279 Wrote:Also - I am currently using JDownloader for all my stuff - videos AND movies. They all go in the same folder. Can you just make "more" lines checking for movie, because they wont be matched in the first go where I only look for tvshows?
That will work in strict mode. Run once forcing --db tvdb and then --db themoviedb. But you need S00E00, 1x01, etc in episode names and {name} {year} for movies. Don't set -non-strict in a movies/episodes mixed setting!

There a script that'll try to make it work without SxE for episodes and without (year) for movies:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/vi...4&t=5#p512
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FileBot TV Renamer and Subtitle Downloader6