[ATV2] No 5.1 output at all.
Hi everyone,

Probably it's not an XBMC issue, but I kindly ask everybody to give me an advice, if possible. I bought a new AV receiver (I used to connect atv directly to my TV) and now it turned out, that my ATV2 can output only 2.0 audio. It happens even when I'm playing back TV trailers or youtube videos directly from ATV2 shell, without XBMC running. Same results on XBMC, even with 5.1 setup, it gives 2.0 sound only. Tried my PS3 on same HDMI cable and HDMI input - works fine, so the problem is 100% in my ATV2. I tried to set Dolby Digital to ON instead of Automatic in ATV2 setup, and tried 16bit mode as suggested in several forum posts, still no luck.

My firmware is 4.2.2 (2203).

Is there is a fix/workaround for me?

Thanks!!!
Do have the following settings on ATV2

ATV2 Audio Video Settings
Dolby Digital: on
Audio Output: 16 bit
HDMI: Auto

In XBMC make sure you use only confluence skin (less memory) + go to SYSTEM -> VIDEO ->PLAYBACK and use HDMI , 5.1, Enable DTS and dolby digital in receiver.

htp
vskatusa Wrote:Do have the following settings on ATV2

ATV2 Audio Video Settings
Dolby Digital: on
Audio Output: 16 bit
HDMI: Auto

In XBMC make sure you use only confluence skin (less memory) + go to SYSTEM -> VIDEO ->PLAYBACK and use HDMI , 5.1, Enable DTS and dolby digital in receiver.

htp

Yes, I have exactly the same settings Confused
By the way, if I enable Dolby Digital playback, I get a strange noise on movies! I have a new AV receiver, which is capable of DTS, DolbyDigital etc (it works fine with PS3). I don't really understand where is the problem Shocked
It suddenly started working ... thanks everyone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] No 5.1 output at all.0