[Apple TV2]XBMC: what is the last version?
Question 
Hi,

I am a little bit confused and it is not easy to understand what is the last version of XBMC for AppleTV2.

So I would need your help answering to the following questions:

- what is the last XBMC version for iOS?
- How I can update my XBMC version to the new version?
- How is it possible to check and be always updated on the last XBMC version?

Many thanks guys and a Big Thanks to the develpers who gave us this wonderfull present, XBMC!
- The latest stable release is 10.0.9
- The latest unstable releases (unstable releases are pretty good at the moment) are the nightly builds. As "nightly" says, there is a new release every night. You can find them here without any notice.
- Install instruction is here
Now it is very clear! Smile

Thanks a lot for your precious help!
Does the latest on the 19th fix all the problems from the 16th on ATV does anyone know

Thanks
Quote:The latest stable release is 10.0.9

This is a misconception. There are no stable releases of XBMC for iOS/ATV2. That is simply the last packaged Cydia version made for convenient downloading. At one point the Cydia versions were "more stable" than nightly builds, but even then they weren't stable.
I am again confused......sorry

Why there isn't a stable release of XBMC for iOS/ATV2?

What release (nightly or Cydia) is suggested by the XBMC Team to be installed on ATV2?

Please help us to not become crazy and to find the right way to enjoy XBMC on ATV2 Smile

Thank you very much
ulcarom Wrote:I am again confused......sorry

Why there isn't a stable release of XBMC for iOS/ATV2?

What release (nightly or Cydia) is suggested by the XBMC Team to be installed on ATV2?

Please help us to not become crazy and to find the right way to enjoy XBMC on ATV2 Smile

Thank you very much

There is no stable because XBMC on iOS is new (relatively) and so is still settling down and has not reached a stable build yet.
There will be a few opinions on what nightly is the best at the moment and that will be based on what your after from XBMC (formats you want to play, plugins you want to work etc) I'm sure others will post their favourite. Grab the latest be prepared to submit bug reports and enjoy the ride of being on the cutting edge of development. If you dont like the sound of that then you may want to wait around until there is a stable version.
chuckles Wrote:There is no stable because XBMC on iOS is new (relatively) and so is still settling down and has not reached a stable build yet.
There will be a few opinions on what nightly is the best at the moment and that will be based on what your after from XBMC (formats you want to play, plugins you want to work etc) I'm sure others will post their favourite. Grab the latest be prepared to submit bug reports and enjoy the ride of being on the cutting edge of development. If you dont like the sound of that then you may want to wait around until there is a stable version.

With a couple of exceptions the latest build has been better than the Cydia version for a long time. If the nightly build you get is a dud, usually the next one will fix the problem, or you can install an earlier one.

The problems with the nightly builds are mostly small, new ones. The Cydia version has old, big problems. Big Grin
Avoid nighties between 15-09-11 and 20-09-11, they are really not stable at all...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110186
psimondo Wrote:Avoid nighties between 15-09-11 and 20-09-11, they are really not stable at all...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110186

I was using the 9-19 build last night and it worked really well for me, best I have used in a few weeks for ATV2. I am sure it has a few issues but for anyone stuck on a bad release its worth a shot...
FWIW the 9-19 build has been really solid for me. I installed it onto a 'clean' ATV2 and watched several HD videos last night without issue. Best build I have used in weeks.
Do you know where it could be possible to read the release note of each nightly version?
I would like to read what has been improved in each new Nightly version.

Thanks
ulcarom Wrote:Do you know where it could be possible to read the release note of each nightly version?
I would like to read what has been improved in each new Nightly version.

Thanks

What you want is the changelog, there's a link in the FAQ and in the install instructions. Always best to check the FAQ before posting new questions.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108720
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...htly_build
I'm using too the 9-19 build and I don't have the "Fanart View". I tried others skins and I don't have this view.

Do you have it ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV2]XBMC: what is the last version?0