[ATV2] XBMC Crashing back to Lowtide randomly
Sad 
I recently read about the new AFP support in the nightly's, so I went ahead and updated everything on my ATV2. I put the new JB'd apple firmware on it and installed the 0916 unofficial nightly. AFP is great, but I'm now getting random crashes. I rolled back to 0914 and I thought it was fixed, but its still doing the same thing. I may try an even older version, but I figured I would post this up in hopes that its something random. I have the 3 host file entries for update blocking (not that that matters right now). Here is the rest of the info:

Platform: AppleTV2
OS Version: iPhone OS 4.3 (8F455)
Apple TV Software: 4.3 (2557)
Built on Sep 15 2011 (Git:20110914-ae8fc95) (unofficial nightly)
Install method: dpkg

Media Info http://pastebin.com/Lg5bcFam
syslog http://pastebin.com/0gTkMU6b
xbmc.log http://pastebin.com/eCXMGWau
crashreport http://pastebin.com/uvup1j4p

The ATV2 is hardwired. I am playing a video that is on an external usb hd connected to my macbook which is connected via wifi to the network. The external is being shared via AFP. I am willing to try different builds, network setups, hardware configs, etc. Let me know any ideas you may have.

This file will play fine for a few minutes and then randomly crash. I've also had it crash while just being in XBMC not really doing anything. Not sure if the logs will help, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I have experienced the same thing since 09/01 build, however since 09/15 I do not have that. For me AFP does not seem like it has anything to do with crashes.
BASARAB Wrote:I have experienced the same thing since 09/01 build, however since 09/15 I do not have that. For me AFP does not seem like it has anything to do with crashes.

So the 0916 build works fine and fixed all the random crashes? You are using AFP as well? Hm.. Maybe I will try that again and see. I feel like I have tried almost everything, but there are so many possible issues.
Hm.. Okay I'm thinking it might be AFP after all. I used to have no issue with WebDAV server (HTTP). I just reinstalled MediaMaster Server and things seem to be running smoothly. I will watch a couple videos and see what happens. Fingers crossed!
I have the 16th and also crashes. I did a Post about that allready
All is well again. Looks like it was just having issues with AFP and crashing for some reason. Not sure what I can do to help diagnose this issue, but let me know because I would love to get rid of MediaMaster and switch to AFP. Big Grin
Majestic Wrote:I have the 16th and also crashes. I did a Post about that allready

you're crash is a completly different one ... sadly ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
LOWiQ Wrote:All is well again. Looks like it was just having issues with AFP and crashing for some reason. Not sure what I can do to help diagnose this issue, but let me know because I would love to get rid of MediaMaster and switch to AFP. Big Grin

which osx do you use as afp server?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here

I could always follow your NFS wiki and get rid of MediaMaster that way.
Quote:unofficial nightly

All nightlies installed via the wiki instructions are official nightlies.
Memphiz Wrote:you're crash is a completly different one ... sadly ...

Then could you please say what mine is and if it gets fixed?
i would just like to point out, that i had several undefined crashes, just like the others, although i was using SMB...

i followed the nfs-wiki and switched completely to NFS... now i have no buffering, no lags, no stuttering whatsoever - and no crashes...

is the afp client somehow related to the smb client?
redmercury2006 Wrote:is the afp client somehow related to the smb client?

no they are not ... but maybe both are buggy ... afp for sure ...
Its not going to be anything silly like the ATV trying to do updates direct from apple in the background is it? check that the hosts file entries are still in place?
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] XBMC Crashing back to Lowtide randomly0