PS3 BD Remote Eventghost
Hi

I'm new to xbmc and have just installed my first HTPC, I had a PS3 BD remote so I thought I would use this to control XBMC. I have managed to pair the remote with bluetooth. I have installed eventghost and then installed the plug ins playstation 3 bluetooth remote and XBMC2. The PS3 remote is recognized and when I fire up XBMC i can scroll around using the directional button but this is the only button that works, no other buttons seemed to be mapped.

How do I map the PS3 remote buttons, not even select works.

I have checked other threads and they were offering a config file but as the post was old this was no longer available. Can anyone offer any help?

thanks!!
Unfortunately you'll need to manually configure each remote code in EG to then call the appropriate XBMC2 function.

The general process is:

1. Create a folder in EG called "XBMC".
2. Enable the "Task Create/Switch Events" plugin.
3. Create a macro to enable exclusive the XBMC folder when XBMC is activated.

4. Create macro including the XBMC2 function you want.
5. Turn off "Log only assigned and activated events".
6. Press the remote button you want.
7. Drag the event into the macro for that event.
This might be a forum faux pas but i'm gonna piggy back this post and ask a related question... Rolleyes

Is it possible to use a ps3 remote for XBMC and not have it turn on my ps3 as well?

Everytime i do a key press on my ps3 BD remote it initially brings my ps3 out of standby and then further key presses have a meaning to the ps3. I'd like to use the remote to control the ps3 when it's already on, i.e. not bring it to life, but when the ps3 is in standby use the same remote to control XBMC instead.

Is there a setting in the ps3 or am i asking too much? Huh

Thanks/Sorry.
Asrock Ion 330 | Openelec
You'd need to un-pair the remote from the PS3, which means it then won't be usable with the PS3 at all.

The only way to (almost) achieve what you want would be to have 2 PS3 remotes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS3 BD Remote Eventghost0