XBMC - Receiver displays PCM instead of DTS
I have been using XBMC on my ATV2, but finally decided to load it on my Windows PC as well. I have the PC hooked to a receiver and my Panasonic TV.

For some reason when I play files through XBMC, my receiver lists it as being broadcast as PCM. When I play the same file through my PC regularly (I use VLC or Windows Media Player), it shows up as DTS.

Is there a setting I have to change on my XBMC so that it will broadcast the audio correctly? I looked in the settings for an option, but didn't see one.

I'm very new to this, and any assistance would be great.

Thanks,

~J
NBAJ2K Wrote:I have been using XBMC on my ATV2, but finally decided to load it on my Windows PC as well. I have the PC hooked to a receiver and my Panasonic TV.

For some reason when I play files through XBMC, my receiver lists it as being broadcast as PCM. When I play the same file through my PC regularly (I use VLC or Windows Media Player), it shows up as DTS.

Is there a setting I have to change on my XBMC so that it will broadcast the audio correctly? I looked in the settings for an option, but didn't see one.

I'm very new to this, and any assistance would be great.

Thanks,

~J
in control panel select hdmi for sound playback and set speaker configuration to "stereo". in xbmc>system>settings>audio output-select hdmi for audio output and check dts/dolby capable receiver and audio output device wasapi- select hdmi.....!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:in control panel select hdmi for sound playback and set speaker configuration to "stereo". in xbmc>system>settings>audio output-select hdmi for audio output and check dts/dolby capable receiver and audio output device wasapi- select hdmi.....!

Figures, for some reason I didn't see the audio setting under 'system' thanks! That would definitely make sense, since it defaulted to 2.0!

~J

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Receiver displays PCM instead of DTS0