XBMC Movie Set Creator
A small utility that automates the creation of .nfo files for movie sets in XBMC as described here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets

Notes:
  • Creates .nfo files based on the folder name.
  • Assumes folder & movie in ”<MovieName> (<Year>)” format ie. “Avatar (2009)”
  • TMDb lookup with conflict resolution
  • Basic folder browsing through interface (double-click subfolder item)
  • Basic log indicating .nfo creation success

Download:
http://www.theanushka.net/xbmc-movie-set-creator/

Screenshot:
I've got to try this out on my UFC collection. Thanks!

*Just tried it. Making a set with over 130 entries. It seems to crash every now and then. If I split it into smaller parts it gets it done fine however. Thanks! Saved me a lot of time.

**Also is there a way to update it to also include cast/actors? I love being able to open a ufc fight, select a fighter, and finding all other ufc shows he is in.
Good idea but this tool needs some better ways to organize movies. My its showing my movie folder and the movies are loaded in random order. Impossible to find anything.
XmemphistoX Wrote:I've got to try this out on my UFC collection. Thanks!

*Just tried it. Making a set with over 130 entries. It seems to crash every now and then. If I split it into smaller parts it gets it done fine however. Thanks! Saved me a lot of time.

**Also is there a way to update it to also include cast/actors? I love being able to open a ufc fight, select a fighter, and finding all other ufc shows he is in.

Yea sorry not much error handling is in this app as I made it in such a short time. If you could provide more detail about the crashes I can have look into it.

If TMDb provides cast & actor data I can try incorporating it. I will update the main thread when I have made these changes.
fluentdesigns Wrote:Good idea but this tool needs some better ways to organize movies. My its showing my movie folder and the movies are loaded in random order. Impossible to find anything.

The Program does not do any sorting of folders after the system gives my app the directory listing. Could you please provide a screenshot and a directory listing of your movie folder so I can see what the problem is. Cheers.
fluentdesigns Wrote:Good idea but this tool needs some better ways to organize movies. My its showing my movie folder and the movies are loaded in random order. Impossible to find anything.

You probably pointed the app to the directory containing all your movies? It would appear this app requires you to make folders for your movie sets.

--

I reckon a large part of the community might have the same issue, could be nice if you could query the directory, populate a listbox or a checked listbox to be able to add individual movies to a set..

Other nice addition would be able to view all the sets you've created, edit, delete or add movies to them Smile

I would do it myself if I had any kind of spare time for software development Sad
Will try this. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Movie Set Creator1