anyone who has made nfo's for multipart tv dvd iso's please help
ive already posted about this but im hoping this may get more attention. ive been trying to get my tv show .iso's to work and so far ive gotten them to scrape by naming them s01e01e02e03.iso but now im trying to make it so that when i select say episode three it will start playing that episode without having to go through menus. if someone can post an example of there nfo's i would greatly thank you..

thanks ian
there are two ways to go about this, one of them requires nfo's, the other does not.

if you prefer to work without nfo's, this is what you have to do:

start an episode. then use the bookmarks dialog to set an episode bookmark. this will set the starting point for the episode.

if you want to use nfo's, it's basically just a bunch of <episodedetails> tags after each other. e.g.

Code:
<episodedetails>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <season>1</season>
  <title>foo</title>
  <epbookmark>xx</epbookmark>
</episodedetails>
<episodedetails>
  <episode>2</episode>
  <season>1</season>
  <title>foobar</title>
  <epbookmark>yy</epbookmark>
</episodedetails>
ok do i do this in one nfo exConfused10e02e03e04 or do i make seperate nfo's exConfused01e01. and the epbookmark do i put it in seconds or do i do it in minuets?
seconds, one file.
ok do you know an easy way to find out the second that an episode starts?
i would strongly recommend doing it the gui way as i described it. on a dvd it's about more than just the time pos, you also have the state of the dvd state machine. using timepos only *might* work, but does not always.
the only two problems i have with the bookmark way is if i ever have to reload xbmc i would have to redo it every time. the second problem is i honestly dont want to deal with loading the iso, i just want to select an episode and it starts playing at that episode the same as if you were to have seperate avi episodes.
In mymovies.dk you can map the episodes on DVD series ripped in ts_videos explained in this guide.

Can XBMC read this ?

http://www.mymovies.dk/media/VideoTutori...pping.html

Regards
(2011-09-19, 10:51)spiff Wrote: there are two ways to go about this, one of them requires nfo's, the other does not.

if you prefer to work without nfo's, this is what you have to do:

start an episode. then use the bookmarks dialog to set an episode bookmark. this will set the starting point for the episode.

if you want to use nfo's, it's basically just a bunch of <episodedetails> tags after each other. e.g.

Code:
<episodedetails>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <season>1</season>
  <title>foo</title>
  <epbookmark>xx</epbookmark>
</episodedetails>
<episodedetails>
  <episode>2</episode>
  <season>1</season>
  <title>foobar</title>
  <epbookmark>yy</epbookmark>
</episodedetails>

I was able to get this to work for an mkv but have a question. How can i get the xbmc scraper to pull the show details still? i just want to use the .nfo to point to the start of the episode. How can i still get xbmc to download all the information about each episode? Here is what I've tried

Code:
<episodedetails>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <season>1</season>
  <title>Secret of the Dragon Balls </title>
  <epbookmark>00</epbookmark>
</episodedetails>
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=76666&seasonid=11061&id=206679&lid=7
<episodedetails>
  <episode>2</episode>
  <season>1</season>
  <title>The Emperor's Quest</title>