Auto-music program (like SickBeard/CouchPotato)
I am wondering if there is a program for music that is similar to SickBeard (TV) and CouchPotato(Movies)?

I am looking for something that is FULLY automated. What I mean is something that can scrape top music charts, new music charts, etc., etc., and queue up the songs automatically for sabnzbd,

I know there are programs that you can add your wanted list and it will search and obtain them for you but I am looking for something to get me new music, maybe arranged by genre, release date, chart toppers, etc. This would be extremely useful for parties and for keeping my MP3 players up-to-date with new music.

Much appreciated for any suggestions!
The search tool is your friend...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103688
Headphones is great but not what he is looking for. There is nothing that is Fully Automated that I am aware of (i.e. - Automatically downloading Top 100 songs/artist/etc).
Bedroom Room - Raspberry pi, Openelec Nightly
Living Room - Atom 330/ion, 2gb, 30sg sad, Openelec Nightly
Office - MSI H67MA-E35 (B3), Intel I3-2100, 8GB G.SKILL ram, Corsair SSD, Generic case, Openelec Nightly, Aeon MQ4 skin
Storage - Zotac GF-6100-E, AMD Sempron 140, 5 x 2TB hdd, 2GB AData ram, Rosewill R102-P-BK case, Unraid 5.14b
Exactly, I did look at that program.

HeadphonesWiki Wrote:Most of it is pretty automated - click a button and your whole music library gets imported.... or if you prefer, you can add your favorite artists in one by one.
It'll let you know when one of the artists on your list is coming out with a new album, and it will download it as soon as it's available

It will only search based on your current music or your "wanted" list.
Agreed, if Headphones could grab the top 100 etc would be superb and sex weeeeeee! Big Grin
I would think it would be easy to add/develop the functionality. One could just scrape the billboard charts (or similar charts) and then search and download. I could see how there might be some discrepancies but one could deal with that after the fact.
splnuts Wrote:Headphones is great but not what he is looking for. There is nothing that is Fully Automated that I am aware of (i.e. - Automatically downloading Top 100 songs/artist/etc).

Yes sorry, I was too fast when reading his question.
And that's right, it would be nice if headphones was able to automatically grab the TOP100 Albums from a RSS feed like the ones from Apple http://itunes.apple.com/us/rss/topalbums/limit=100/xml
Wink 
So, what is stopping you from requesting such a feature on Github? Or do we need multiple music-search-programs? 1 for this automation and one for the other? Headphones is a very young program (Like 4 months old!) but has all the potential features in the future you can think of.
Mar2zz Wrote:So, what is stopping you from requesting such a feature on Github? Or do we need multiple music-search-programs? 1 for this automation and one for the other? Headphones is a very young program (Like 4 months old!) but has all the potential features in the future you can think of.

Unfortunately, it sounds like somebody else might need to step up and take that project over.
clubwerks Wrote:Unfortunately, it sounds like somebody else might need to step up and take that project over.

Or you could just donate a few bucks, like I did. Why do people think that they need a perfect program that costs nothing?
xburchartz Wrote:Or you could just donate a few bucks, like I did. Why do people think that they need a perfect program that costs nothing?

+ 1 for donations Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto-music program (like SickBeard/CouchPotato)0