openGL driver for radeon X300se
I have installed the latest xbmc version on ubuntu 10.04 lts. In order to function with my video card , radeon x300se RV370, I installed the openGL driver fglrx succesfully. However the system continues to ask for an openGL driver enabling accelerated rendering.
Ubuntu is installed on a intel core duo 1.8GHz cpu

Many thanks in advance for any help

Tony Leenen
I just read on ubuntuforums.org that the x300se lacks hardware 3d acceleration. I had xbmc running with the HD3300 chipset, but my mobo died and now I got this Dell P4 with the X300SE card and the 720p files that I have I can play them well with just the standard movie player but no joy with xbmc.

Unfortunately, I fear, we may be forced to upgrade the graphics card to something that does work (in my case its a pci-e card). Unless someone finds another way...

Which, btw, makes me wonder, if xbmc may work with ARM processors, why can't with a p4 without 3d enabled card?

ELP
Acer something AMD A8-3800K with Trinity Radeon HD6650 (512MB), 10GB DDR3, Ubuntu 15.04, NO KODI HELP Audio: Working great Analog 5.1 (with Infinity Reference Sub and Center).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
openGL driver for radeon X300se0