Solution to use Dreambox Enigma2 aka 500HD
Hello,
Is there any possibly way to make a working solution with Dreambox DM 500HD and XBMC PVR?

Anyone got anything working? I tried making it work with dvblogics dvblink for dreambox but found no software that XBMC supports as backend that work swith dvblink BDA drivers.
i think the mediaportal tv server works with dvblink, have you tried this?
Yes, no go there.
I was thinking along the lines of making a plugin for dreamboxes with Enigma2.

All things needed is available via HTTP-API. There you can get channellist, epg, signalinformation and order recordings and so on. It's using XML-files to communicate back.

How is the new PVR-api in XBMC build. Would it be possibly to put togehter an Python-script to handles all requests?

I am eager to make this work. I see no means of adding more servers in betwean when dreambox already is a full featured VDR.

Any problems with this implementation?
Apparently noone is intrested enough. Too bad — this looks easy, Enigma 2 includes extensive API.
xayide Wrote:I was thinking along the lines of making a plugin for dreamboxes with Enigma2.

All things needed is available via HTTP-API. There you can get channellist, epg, signalinformation and order recordings and so on. It's using XML-files to communicate back.

How is the new PVR-api in XBMC build. Would it be possibly to put togehter an Python-script to handles all requests?

I am eager to make this work. I see no means of adding more servers in betwean when dreambox already is a full featured VDR.

Any problems with this implementation?

Here you can find the API for PVR clients:
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/blob/m..._pvr_dll.h

Communication between a pvr client and a backend is not in the scope of this API.
So I would write a python-script to put betwean the PVR client API and my VDR-box?
An interface from the API to my VDR so to say?
In principle yes but I am not sure if Python is the best choice to do this and I don't know whether you would need some C/C++ glue code for interoperation between Python and the PVR API. (I am no Python man)
OK. but is the API finished so I can look at the various interfaces?
The API is kind of stable but still can be change if required.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Solution to use Dreambox Enigma2 aka 500HD0