PPC Nightlies - jpeg decoding
Heya,

Looks like with the changes made to the JPEG decoding it has introduced issues into the PPC build. In the most recent PPC build I'm seeing:

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/8383/xbmcppc.png

Looks like libjpeg-turbo may have an endian issue causing problems on the PPC build (strange since JPEGs are big-endian natively).

The Mac/iOS builds of XBMC are looking really awesome, the most recent iOS builds feel so much more polished - really shows all the hard work being put into them. Thanks !!
I'll have a look, thanks for the report.

Could you please clarify which build you're running? The jpeg stuff was done in 2 groups. The original refactor was pushed about a week ago, and a cleanup was pushed last night.

TheUni
remove Textures.xbt from the skin for a temp workaround while we figure out what is going on.
Thanks for the workaround. The build I tested was after the initial JPEG changes but before the last lot of commits the other night.
should be fixed now.
davilla Wrote:should be fixed now.

Installed the latest nightly and it is working perfectly. Updated the ATV2 with the most recently nightly and it seems using the new jpeg decoding there has made a nice little difference as well (seems even more snappier).

Cheers and thanks for all the hard work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PPC Nightlies - jpeg decoding0