boblight with Xbmc Live (pre eden)
Hello guys

The last days i have been putting together a rgb led backlight solution which i want to connect it to my revo3610 running Xbmc live pre Eden.

I wanted to use this guide: http://amblone.com/guide/ but since i got common cathode RGB led strips i had to use this circuit:

Everything is up and running and I (think) i wired it correctly according to http://code.google.com/p/boblight/wiki/Compiling:

All the programs that i write in arduino work great and the amblone program in windows (with the amblone pde) also worked, but that is not an option for what i want to do. )

I followed the guide for a arduino mega but the colors are all wrong. When i run the test commands (for example command boblight-constant FF0000) i get two different colors on only two led strips.

Since i don't even get the right colors out of the test i wanted to see if someone either had this problem before or saw right away where my mistake was.

Ps i remember something about a boblight branch of xbmc. Is that still alive and are the pre eden builds of that?

Thank you
show your boblightd.conf ... works here with a custom pcb ...

and as far as i can see the firmware for ambalone and boblight are not compatible. So if you use the ambalone firmware it won't work with boblightd ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I am using this boblight.conf which is basically this one with a changed output from /dev/ttyACM0 to /dev/ttyUSB0

Then i programmed the arduino with this

When i was trying it with amblone i uploaded the amblone pde file, but have now uploaded back to boblight_arduino_pwm.pde
Try "boblight-constant FFFFFF", if all leds are on, then the colors in boblight.conf probably aren't mapped to the right channels on the controller.
Thanks for the answer

I seem to be getting only 6 channels

I´m going to fiddle around with the settings but if someone knows what my problem is it would save me a lot of hassle Smile
Don't know why, but my arduino was not identifying it self as AVR_ATmega1280 so i took the if line out of the code Smile

Thank you
Steini Wrote:Don't know why, but my arduino was not identifying it self as AVR_ATmega1280 so i took the if line out of the code Smile

Thank you

Looks like a solution. But its not the arduino which identifys. This setting is checked during compile time. So maybe your arduino IDE was set up with the wrong arduino type...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Steini,
Did you ever get your setup working? I had a similar problem, but just solved it. I was using the mega2560 and also thought that I had to take the mega1280 reference out of the code, and so defined my outputs as [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13] directly without the 'if' statement.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
boblight with Xbmc Live (pre eden)0