THen starting xbmc go directly to livetv?
Hello

I am using 4therecord for live TV in XBMC on a windows 7 pc, and it works well (but I hope that a 4therecord xbmc for linux solution will comes some day).

But my question here and now is if it possible to make XBMC go directly to live TV, then I start xbmc?

Best regards

Rantzauer
system->livetv->playback->continue last channel on startup
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
rantzauer Wrote:(but I hope that a 4therecord xbmc for linux solution will comes some day).

Red-f and me are working on that... Most of the code is already cross-platform for Windows/Linux and OSX. In its current state it relies on the internal xbmc ffmpeg library for rtsp playback which works but shows regular glitches/artifacts.
Therefore we want to switch to Live555 for rtsp playback similar to the Mediaportal TSReader addon.
I am currently working on porting the Windows-specific parts of the TSReader code.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hello

Thanks.
dushmaniac: Ohh so easy, why didn't I se that my self. Tanks a lot :-)

margro: That is the best news I have heard for a long time :-).
I can't wait to see this working.
Do you have any time estimate on this, are we talking weeks, months, half a year or more? I will not hold it against you.

I have tried to live without 4therecord several times, but always turn back to it, because its simply is the best recording software out there. The same with XBMC, I have tried them all I think, But XBMC is the best mediacenter software, and the Linux version is after my opinion better than the windows version. Its more stable, I don't have to fight through the codec hell as in windows. I don't need 3-4 windows licences to fullfill my HTPC needs in my home, and with the linux version I only have a OS footprint of around 200mb instead of windows 20gb, which again means I can run the client on a 2gb usb key..... Ups sorry did I get a little carried away there Big Grin.
The possibility for in the future being able to combine these to greatest software just makes me happy :-) .

Thanks for your help, and all your amazing work.

Rantzauer
dushmaniac Wrote:system->livetv->playback->continue last channel on startup

this dont works for me x months, need press 1 or 2x "Back" - menu is on top after start with this settings...
@RoboSK
submit a bug report for that please.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
THen starting xbmc go directly to livetv?0