iPad Nightly Build -- Install Issue
Hello

Im trying to update to the Nightly build of XBMC on my iPad2

Im using the instructions found on the Wiki

I can ssh into the device no problem, but i get an error when trying to use the wget command

command not found

Any ideas

Thanks,
JM
apt-get install wget
JMs-iPad:/tmp root# apt-get install wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin...r-atv2.deb
-sh: apt-get: command not found
What davilla tried to say is, install wget, then run the wget command. So try just apt-get install wget
seems to me like aptitude is not installed for whatever reason... try installing apt through cydia first.
When searching Cydia on my iPad, I only see APT 0.7 HTTPS. I install this and still am unable to get apt-get or aptitude commands to be recognized. Can anyone point me to an app I can install through Cydia that will install aptitude? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Yeah in Cydia install wget.
Make sure you have activated Packaging (for apt) and / or Networking (for wget) in Cydia under sections. Otherwise both won't show up...
All Sections in Cydia are active (Click Edit and ensure all are set to "ON"). Still not seeing apt(itude) or wget in either the Packaging or Networking sections. What is interesting, however, is the number on the folder (number of items in that section) changes when I click the Edit button. For example, the Networking item changes from 87 to 133, and the Packaging item changes from 4 to 12. What is weird to me is that even searching for apt, aptitude, APT, wget, WGET, Wget and more do not find anything other than APT 0.7 HTTPS, which is installed.

I use PUTTY to connect via SSL. Is there another utility that I can use to connect via HTTPS that will work? Sorry for asking the dumb questions, but really at a loss why this is so difficult for me. Thanks again for the help.
Interesting ... In Cydia, I clicked on the Installed button to see a list of all installed apps. In the upper right, I clicked on the "Simple" button and now I see APT 0.7 Strict is in fact installed. So is APT 0.7 (apt-key), along with APT 0.7 HTTPS Method. This tells me it should be working?

I think my head is going to explode :~
Ok in Cydia go to the sources tab and click on settings. Change the user level to developer. Search for wget.
That did it! Thanks, Set845!
im guessing you need a jailbroken ipad 2 to run xbmc on it?
No you can also use a jailbroken iPad1, iPhone, iPod or AppleTV2 ... but basically you are 100% correct Big Grin
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad Nightly Build -- Install Issue0